Notices

is this mechanic an idiot??? someone help me

Old 09-28-2002, 06:28 AM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this mechanic an idiot??? someone help me

Ok, I just drove home 4 hours from school to have my exhaust and header installed by my moms mechanic so it owuld be cheaper and id have an excuse to visit my family.

It turns out my brand new kamikaze header is warped and will have to be replaced. OK, fine, i can deal with that, its not as if i have any reason to be in a hurry.

What I really wanted to happen anyway was to have my brand new 5zigen catback installed. The next phone call i got from this mechanic was to say that the installation of the exhaust required the installation of the header too. . .

OK, so i might be on crack, but I'm pretty sure that isnt the case. Its a CAT-back system. The cat doesnt move. The exhaust connects to one end and the header connects to the other, right???? Why would they be mutually inclusive? Someone straighten this out for me???
Old 09-28-2002, 07:46 AM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

someone help me!!
Old 09-28-2002, 08:26 AM
AznBadAss92LX

the header connects tot he downpipe to the cat and back, the mechanic is just dumb, take it to a local shop or something or explain to him the the catback is only from the cat back and the headers dont need to b put on, i dunno y he would b sayin that, good luck
Old 09-28-2002, 08:29 AM
dantastic
cx power!

check to make sure you have the right parts for you car. somtimes companys ship out the wrong parts.
the installation of each part is mutally exclusive. it shouldnt matter which part goes in first. btw, it shouldnt costmore than $40 to get your cat-back installed by a muffler shop
Old 09-28-2002, 08:30 AM
kleankord

maybe he's too lazy to do it one at a time and wants to put in everything at once..
Old 09-28-2002, 09:11 AM
PmPiNAzNBoI
WaSsuP?

Originally posted by kleankord
maybe he's too lazy to do it one at a time and wants to put in everything at once..
Well in that case.. lazy = idiotcy

You should be able to put on ur catback at any local muffler shop or even do it yourself if you have the right tools.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:07 AM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

The best thing is to take your car to a small time Garage, they usually offer better prices and aren't a bunch of liars.
Old 09-28-2002, 02:04 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

this WAS a small time garage =(