short ram intake

Old 08-02-2006, 04:16 PM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default short ram intake

is this APC intake any good?

thanks in advance

Last edited by burnrubber; 08-02-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
starky34
94 Accord Lx 5-speed

Its not bad i have it on my car you can feel the difecerence and hear it for that matter and its pretty cheap
Old 08-02-2006, 09:53 PM
AccordingToThis

Well, it's APC. That doesn't make it bad, but on the other had, it's not a brand you'll find many people singing the praises of. They're basically a generic company that knocks off everyone else's products using cheaper, lower quality materials. They don't develop or research anything themselves, so what they make is pretty much always going to be just as good or worse than more expensive brands - but never anything stellar.

That said, I had a generic carbon fiber intake on my 5th gen for awhile. It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't great.

Oh yeah, and never buy any sort of headlight, taillight, or bulb made by APC, unless you want your "hyper white" bulbs to fade to yellow in a month, and all of your housings to be full of rainwater and/or condensation.

Last edited by AccordingToThis; 08-02-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:01 PM
AccordVT
Ian

Default It's Alright

Yeah man, I used to have that intake on my 94 accord and it worked pretty good, definitly an improvement over stock system. I got mine about three years ago at a local auto parts store for around $70, so for the money it's definitly worth it. It does have some minor flaws though...
1. That small tube thats welded onto the intake is for a breather hose to fit on, that tube isn't placed in quite the right place so when you use the supplied blue rubber hose to connect the intake to your factory breather line, it's a weird bend and it puts a small kink in the hose. not a HUGE deal. just a heads up

2. The intake doesn't mount to your car directly or stiffly, Other brand or more expensive intakes come with brackets welded on so that you can mount the intake to your car's under-hood body, that intake just hose-clamps onto your throttle body, again, no biggie it will wiggle around a little but it's not going to go anywhere.

The application i had this intake for was a 94 accord ex, and i had a older model, so they may have improved some things and it may be a better fit for your particular car.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:12 PM
AccordingToThis

The first intake I had was one I bought used, and i didn't get the breather hose. I just went to Autozone and bought 10 inches of heater hose. It worked great. It was stiffer and fit more snugly than the silicone hose would have anyway.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:23 AM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

went to Advance Auto and picked up the intake and while I was there I saw they had AEM intakes in stock. But the bad part was none fit my car! bout to start installing new intake will post results
Old 08-03-2006, 07:08 AM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

Default Installed intake in about 5 min, why even use the instructions?

well, I took the instructions and took one look at the title and it was for a different year car. Didn't need instructions for something this easy. It also looked like it came with mounting brackets, but it didn't come with mounting holes or bolts on the intake. Instructions didn't say anything either. And it sits so tight in there it isn't going anywhere. Love the sound of it too.

11.jpg

22.jpg
Old 08-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Buyimports2

Don't even bother. Ebay intake + K&N filter.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:05 AM
AccordingToThis

Looks good. It was easy as pie, wasn't it?

Did your check engine light come on?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:34 AM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

very easy, very very! check engine light is not on, the only hose or any connections for factory and aftermarket intakes on my car is the vaccum hose and throttle body connection