Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

time to lower the accord

Old 07-19-2006, 03:06 PM
ColeM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time to lower the accord

hey i have about 700 bucks to spend on lowering the 95 accord...its a coupe if that makes ne difference i wana do it right...shocks...springs (2-2.5 inch drop) and a decent camber kit can u please post what u think gives u a smooth ride and wont have u fixing it after 30k miles...thanks
Old 07-19-2006, 07:43 PM
jschmid

If you are going to lower 2" or more...it won't exactly be a "smooth ride".

If you are looking for a spring/shock combo, some Koni shocks paired with whatever name brand springs you think will give you a good drop (Eibach, H&R, etc) should be fine. Some Koni applications will have adjustable spring perch heights that will allow for some extra drop (up to .5" or so.)

Since you have a 5th gen, you can do the washer trick to correct camber in the rear...but I don't know what people are getting for the front for 5th gens.

Good luck.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Illicit Accord

here's a BAD picture of my car, is this the kinda drop you're looking for?? i have H&R race springs 2"/2.5" along with KYB AGX adjustable shocks [4way in front / {6 or 8}way in back] it rides ok... just as long as i go slow over speed bumps i'm fine, never really scrape at all actually, plus i have a camber kit on front and back. perfect alignment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
low!.JPG (283.9 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by Illicit Accord; 07-20-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:16 PM
moky

when installing the coilovers to the 98 accord does it need to replace the oem spring top mount in front? because when i look at it the top plate of the sping doesnt sit properly on the mount. just asking
Old 07-24-2006, 07:30 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

my 2-cents.

You never cheap out on brakes or suspension (this includes tires). No other areas of your car effect control more.

I agree with Schmiddy, for a smooth ride I wouldn't lower much over 2". I'd go with a trusted name brand spring. Eibach or H&R come to mind the most for me. Progress Group supplies springs to many well known Honda tuners as well.

As for shocks they are likely going to have an even greater role in the feel then the springs. The shocks (struts) are basically going to play the full role of the rebound control on your car. Unless your tires have an appreciable amount of sidewall they are the only other source of rebound control.

Koni or Bilstein are likely the two most trusted brands. That come to mind. That said either brand can be quite pricey, especially given the age of the fifth gen.

Ingalls is about the only camber kit I can recommend at this point.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:20 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by moky
when installing the coilovers to the 98 accord does it need to replace the oem spring top mount in front? because when i look at it the top plate of the sping doesnt sit properly on the mount. just asking

you could re-use the mounts as i did. The mechanic told me I didnt have to change them.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:37 PM
moky

ok thanks! and one more thing. do the 97 accord and 98 accord share the same shocks? just asking because im ordering a set of KYB AGX adjustable shocks for my 98 accord ang i could only find is for the 97. are they the same?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok thanks! and one more thing. do the 97 accord and 98 accord share the same shocks? just asking because im ordering a set of KYB AGX adjustable shocks for my 98 accord ang i could only find is for the 97. are they the same?
doubt it.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:18 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

No they are not, contact www.shox.com. Koni did not yet sell a yellow sport shock in '00 (they only had reds) when I purchased my Yellows I got them from these guys. They had some of the first sets. If KYB has a 98+ shock he would stock it.