Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a/c

Old 07-02-2006, 03:38 PM
ajth87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c

i just got my a/c recharged today. now the stuff that the part store reccommended to me says that it converts my r12 system to a r134a system. the instructions didn't contain any actual conversion only an adapter that went on to the terminal to recharge it. is that right? also the air comes out pretty cold but no ice cold like my cousins car. he has like a 96 or 97 accord lx and his is cold cold and mine is just cold. anything i can do to get mine that cold? thankx for all help.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:09 PM
94tincan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's not the correct way to convet a/c - the system should be evacuated first (need special equipment to do that) cuze the oil types are different and the hoses may have to be changed as molecules in r134 are much smaller than r12 and can escape existing hoses. i've seen some people do it like you describe (just refill with r134) and sometimes it works for a while. however, even if done right, r134 does not get as cold as r12. the r134 systems are designed slightly different to get better cooling. as far as yours goes, you can try adding more refrigerant - it may get cooler.