Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 accord - brake upgrade

Old 06-15-2006, 11:33 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 accord - brake upgrade

Looking to upgrade my front brakes on my 94 ex using OEM parts. I know the V6 and wagon have larger rotors, so i'd also need the v6/wagon calipers and pads... but will the v6/wagon calipers mount to my existing brackets, or do I need the v6/wagon caliper brackets as well?

Has anyone sucsessfully done this upgrade (or with prelude rotors) and do you have a parts list so I can get it all in one trip?

Thank you!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:36 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

My lude rotors are small as shit lol

I know they make big brake kits....you might wanna check them out
Old 06-15-2006, 02:18 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SumAccordGuy94
Looking to upgrade my front brakes on my 94 ex using OEM parts. I know the V6 and wagon have larger rotors, so i'd also need the v6/wagon calipers and pads... but will the v6/wagon calipers mount to my existing brackets, or do I need the v6/wagon caliper brackets as well?

Has anyone sucsessfully done this upgrade (or with prelude rotors) and do you have a parts list so I can get it all in one trip?

Thank you!
I did a 5 lug swap with bigger rotors ..

the best swap if your keeping the 4 lug is to use 98-99 CL 3.0 front knuckles with calipers as it's bolt on bigger rotors and no Hub over rotor anymore.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:10 AM
Knightmare69
Hater

TASAuto.com have a 11" brake kit upgrade.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:09 PM
JDM ACCORD

I don't see the purpose to add bigger brakes, unless you have huge horsepower and speed to stop.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:21 PM
stereo

Originally Posted by JDM ACCORD
I don't see the purpose to add bigger brakes, unless you have huge horsepower and speed to stop.
larger rotors are less prone to warpping even tho I managed to warp my odyssey rotors at lest I can just unscrew them now since I now have rotor over hub.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:02 AM
Big AL
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by JDM ACCORD
Huge horsepower amounts aren't the only reason to get a big brake kit. Faster braking times and safety come to mind. Check out this thread about the powerslot big brake kit. It definitely provides some benefit.
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...ight=big+brake
Old 06-17-2006, 12:12 PM
strykernyc

dont buy the stock brake pads tasauto sells. they are dusty as hell I am going to autozone and replace them.

a 500hp car can be going at 60mph and a 100hp car can be going at 60mph
so I dont think hp has anything to do with wanting better braking power. the stock brakes in my accord suck big time, there has been time that I have been force to drop the car in neutral because the brakes werent enough and I was driving pretty slow when this happen. yeah I got a brake kit from tasauto for less than $400 and is totally worth it for me.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:10 AM
machombre

SumAccordGuy94,

I'm in the process of doing this right now on my 97 4 cyl sedan. I have been researching the Hell out of this for a week now. Two ways to go for brakes ( w/o hub swap ) :

Use 95 - 97 V6 accord / 94-97 Accord wagon calipers ( with 25T brakets ) I confirmed the V6 Accord this past weekend, when removing calipers and brackets from one in the bone yard. For this you want V6 Accord / Wagon rotors ( 25mm ? ).

Another way to go is the 93-96 Prelude VTEC ( 4 lug ) - I believe it must be a VTEC for the larger brakes. I confimed that the VTEC has the 23T brackets ( not sure about the calipers, but believe them to be the same as V6 / Wagon ).

If you source 23T brackets, go w/ Prelude rotors. If you source 25T brackets, go with V6 / Wagon rotors.

FYI - I read that the Brembo V6 / Wagon rotors are only 23mm, so if you use them, you can use 23T brackets. The Brembos have been reported to be heavy.

If you can find them, use 94 -95 Acura Legend GS dual piston calipers.

With either choice, you can still use factory 15"s as this is what the V6 Accord came with stock.

Hope this info isn't too late.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Knightmare69
Hater

Or you can just upgrade your stock rotors. I installed Centric HP hub over rotor slotted rotors on all 4 corners with Axxis Metal master pads and she stops perfectly fine and def. better then stock. We also have better fluid and brakelines which will further boost the performance of the already upgraded rotors and pads.