Are those cross drilled rotors I see there? :nono:
They haven't cracked yet?
Old 05-10-2006, 12:10 PM
flyromeo3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big AL
Are those cross drilled rotors I see there? :nono:
They haven't cracked yet?

I know I know.....They havent cracked. I bought the "brembo" rotors and they havent cracked. I've had them on for over 2 years. Driving in all 4 seasons and no problems..........

My braking has improved.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:42 PM
boblane

Default Struts

I had a 93 accord with 140k miles on it. I had the struts replaced because it seemed like it was bouncing around a bit and 140k seemed like a lot of miles. I didn't bounce a bunch of times when you pushed on the car. After replacing them, I honestly couldn't tell the difference. Unless you have weird tire wear or are bottoming out on small bumps, I wouldn't bother with it.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:44 PM
losiglow

Well, I'm not getting any abnormal wear at all on my tires. I've got some Goodyear Regatta 2's which have lasted 40K+ Miles and probably have 20K left in them. I looked at those KYB GR2's on Tirerack (better prices anywhere else?) and they were relatively inexpensive. I'm tempted to get them mostly because the car is cornering like a big old cadillac, and I'm not talking about the new ones. It dips pretty hard into the turns. My wife drives a Nissan Altima and it is way stiff and steady around turns. But I don't think the accord is meant to be quite as sporty as the Altima so I could be full of it. So this is a possible DIY job? I've done quite a bit of work on my Accord but not much suspension work. I've read the Hayes manual and it doesn't seem to bad.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Big AL
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by losiglow
Well, I'm not getting any abnormal wear at all on my tires. I've got some Goodyear Regatta 2's which have lasted 40K+ Miles and probably have 20K left in them. I looked at those KYB GR2's on Tirerack (better prices anywhere else?) and they were relatively inexpensive. I'm tempted to get them mostly because the car is cornering like a big old cadillac, and I'm not talking about the new ones. It dips pretty hard into the turns. My wife drives a Nissan Altima and it is way stiff and steady around turns. But I don't think the accord is meant to be quite as sporty as the Altima so I could be full of it. So this is a possible DIY job? I've done quite a bit of work on my Accord but not much suspension work. I've read the Hayes manual and it doesn't seem to bad.
Well, in that case if you want hard cornering go for new sway bars at least a rear sway bar anyways. Buy that first and if you have anything left over then buy your struts/shocks. A new sway bar will make a world of difference. It's the single most cost effective (and fun) mod you'll ever do.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:18 AM
flyromeo3

I got my KYB's on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT
Old 05-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Dallas

im not sure about other cars, but 1998-2002 accords need shocks replaced after like 80000 miles, you might call me crazy, but i worked at a honda dealership, and you would be amazed how many front end impacts of these cars come in around that many miles. my car, 2000 accord 4dr 5sp, takes a long time to stop from worn out suspension, the car dips as low as it can go when brakes are applied

Last edited by Dallas; 05-11-2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:50 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dallas
im not sure about other cars, but 1998-2002 accords need springs replaced after like 80000 miles, you might call me crazy, but i worked at a honda dealership, and you would be amazed how many front end impacts of these cars come in around that many miles.
Please explain, I don't understand why
Old 05-11-2006, 02:11 PM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
Please explain, I don't understand why
I think he's referring to the car diving when braking.
I think all cars would be that way since the stock springs arent stiff to begin with.
Not sure about that 80k mile mark. I changed my springs at like 98k miles and they are still perfect and im more than certain I have driven over more holes and driven further than he has. 2002 accord w/ 111,+ k miles and counting.

Last edited by flyromeo3; 05-11-2006 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Dallas

I looked at those KYB GR2's on Tirerack (better prices anywhere else?) and they were relatively inexpensive.
yeah you can get a set of 4 for under $200 shipped on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true