Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator support replacement costs?

Old 05-05-2006, 07:08 AM
02SilverBullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator support replacement costs?

The dealership told me that it will cost roughly $1700 to replace the radiator support on my 2002 accord!! what the hell!!! I've already bought the damn thing.. all they need to do is rip the other one out and weld the new one in! I've been reading on here that the dealership typically charges liek $500 to replace it... what in the world...

Oh yeah, they did say it needs to go on a frame machine.... I thought 02 accords didn't have frames but instead have a unibody...

ANy input on this is appreciated... does this dealership know what they're talking about??
Old 05-05-2006, 07:38 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by 02SilverBullet
The dealership told me that it will cost roughly $1700 to replace the radiator support on my 2002 accord!! what the hell!!! I've already bought the damn thing.. all they need to do is rip the other one out and weld the new one in! I've been reading on here that the dealership typically charges liek $500 to replace it... what in the world...

Oh yeah, they did say it needs to go on a frame machine.... I thought 02 accords didn't have frames but instead have a unibody...

ANy input on this is appreciated... does this dealership know what they're talking about??

I assume you were in a collision and the front is banged up.
Chances are they may have to straighten something out to align the new support.
Then again, theres a reason they are called stealerships.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:06 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealerships knows what they're talking about, you don't.

Haven't you ever been in a collision before? Go to several different places to get estimates. If you think it's that easy to "rip it out and weld it in" then do it yourself, then put it on a frame machine and see how accurate you were.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:01 AM
02SilverBullet

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
The dealerships knows what they're talking about, you don't.

Haven't you ever been in a collision before? Go to several different places to get estimates. If you think it's that easy to "rip it out and weld it in" then do it yourself, then put it on a frame machine and see how accurate you were.

wel excuse me for not knowing everything like u do oh mighty car expert

and no i've never been in a collision before.... I'm going by my research I've seen on this website. people on this here website have said dealerships charge roughly $500 to replace a radiator support. So if you're saying your fellow Honda experts are wrong then i suggest u be an asshole to them and not someone who is trying to learn the ins and outs....
Old 05-05-2006, 09:32 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by 02SilverBullet
wel excuse me for not knowing everything like u do oh mighty car expert

and no i've never been in a collision before.... I'm going by my research I've seen on this website. people on this here website have said dealerships charge roughly $500 to replace a radiator support. So if you're saying your fellow Honda experts are wrong then i suggest u be an asshole to them and not someone who is trying to learn the ins and outs....
It's obviously different case by case. How can someone on an internet message board tell you how much monetary damage your car has sustained in a collision when none of us can see it? You're the one spouting shit about how the dealership doesn't know anything. When I go to the doctor and he tells me I need medication that costs a lot, I don't go off saying how he's an idiot and must be wrong. I get a second opinion. Did you contact your insurance company yet?
Old 05-05-2006, 09:58 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Pics!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:44 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
It's obviously different case by case. How can someone on an internet message board tell you how much monetary damage your car has sustained in a collision when none of us can see it? You're the one spouting shit about how the dealership doesn't know anything. When I go to the doctor and he tells me I need medication that costs a lot, I don't go off saying how he's an idiot and must be wrong. I get a second opinion. Did you contact your insurance company yet?

Yeah ok, you have to change your radiator support because you WERENT in a front end collision. :bs:
Old 05-05-2006, 10:45 AM
flyromeo3

see what happens when you lie.
We shouldnt even help your dumb ass
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=200432
Old 05-05-2006, 01:47 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

:rofl: You drove around like that for 9 months? :lmao: :rofl:
Old 05-05-2006, 02:26 PM