Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2k accord brake light warning

Old 05-02-2006, 04:24 PM
hondajeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2k accord brake light warning

ok,has anyone shaved their trunk light garnish on their 98-02 accord?? with the running/brake lights on the center garnish now gone,the brake light waring indicator on my dash stays lit. Can I jump the wires together to fool the computer into thinking they're still there?? If so,I got 3 wires,running,brake,and ground. which ones do i use the jumper wire on??
Old 05-02-2006, 04:41 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Originally Posted by hondajeff
ok,has anyone shaved their trunk light garnish on their 98-02 accord?? with the running/brake lights on the center garnish now gone,the brake light waring indicator on my dash stays lit. Can I jump the wires together to fool the computer into thinking they're still there?? If so,I got 3 wires,running,brake,and ground. which ones do i use the jumper wire on??
Are you talking about the brakelight on the deck inside the car? Why don't you just move the bulb into the trunk?
Old 05-02-2006, 04:46 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh what?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:36 PM
hondajeff

no,the long rectangular light on the outside of your trunk. alot of people shave them and I have done so recently. I no longer have the running/brake or reverse lights on the trunk. Even,though the outer lights and brake light in the rear deck are still hooked up,the brake light indicator still stays on.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:57 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Did you cut the wires or tuck the harness?

I'd suggest tucking the harness instead.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:01 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

...so you removed the light and you're wondering why the car is telling you the light isn't working? If you're not going to keep your car DOT legal just take the cluster out and remove the bulb, what's the difference?
Old 05-02-2006, 07:04 PM
hondajeff

dot legal?? what does it hurt if my car has the standard 3 brake light set-up found in most cars instead of 5 that are found on the accord. I'll tuck the lights as a last resort,I just thought maybe somebody on this forum has done this,guess i was wrong.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:53 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by hondajeff
dot legal?? what does it hurt if my car has the standard 3 brake light set-up found in most cars instead of 5 that are found on the accord. I'll tuck the lights as a last resort,I just thought maybe somebody on this forum has done this,guess i was wrong.
No reflectors or reverse lights? That would probably hurt legality.

Why don't you just take the bulb out? It's not like it matters much, certainly a lot easier and quicker than tricking the electrical system.