Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor and ECM

Old 04-28-2006, 03:54 PM
gilbertpiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 Sensor and ECM

I was driving my 2002 accord to 2 blocks away from work when the check engine light came on. After reading the manual it made a few suggestions of things to check. After following the recommendations the light still did not turn off.

Later that day the accelerator began acting up and would not pickup speed at times, so I took it to a mechanic to have a diagnositc test run. They informed me that there were only two codes coming up that referred it to the O2 sensor. They ordered the part and the next day installed the sensor.

Later that day I called to check on the status and they said that now there was a problem with the ECM, and that it would need to be replaced.

The mechanic said the ECM did not turn up on the diagnostic test because he had to first replace the sensor before he could proceed with the testing.

Does it sound like the ECM was damaged by the mechanic or is his claim correct?
Old 04-28-2006, 08:08 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Sounds like he's pullin ya. If you have to, get one from a junkyard.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:57 AM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would want to get the code they pulled from the ecu first off , as for replaceing the ecu if the shop you have it at isin't a dealership most likely they cannot do it. as on 98+ they have a immobilizer in the ecu and a new one won't start until it's programed with either T-code or HDS .
Old 05-02-2006, 05:29 PM
blacknight07601

^^Exactly

I would personally try to see what code they are getting first before you do anything else