Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Accord Shocks (need help choosing)

Old 04-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Chi-Pimpin' Ex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Accord Shocks (need help choosing)

I have a 98 Accord EX and my rear shocks just went out. I'm clueless when it comes to these things so I need your opinions. I don't want my car lowered at all I just want good shocks and a smooth ride. And I don't want to take it to the dealer because I don't trust them. Does anyone know of a place online to buy them and what brand is the best? Also, since my rear ones went out, should I change the front also just in case? Sorry if I sound like a moron but like I said i'm clueless with this stuff. Thanks in advance!!
Old 04-24-2006, 04:24 PM
rwong410

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chi-Pimpin' Ex
I have a 98 Accord EX and my rear shocks just went out. I'm clueless when it comes to these things so I need your opinions. I don't want my car lowered at all I just want good shocks and a smooth ride. And I don't want to take it to the dealer because I don't trust them. Does anyone know of a place online to buy them and what brand is the best? Also, since my rear ones went out, should I change the front also just in case? Sorry if I sound like a moron but like I said i'm clueless with this stuff. Thanks in advance!!
I say get some KYB GR-2 Shocks from Ebay. They're about $160 for a set of 4 before shipping. If I were you I'd change all four. I just don't like the whole changing some and not changing the others type of thing.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:37 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GR2's are nice and a great factory replacement. Other options that will last longer are OEM Honda or Acura TL Type-S (probably a bit stiffer than the GR2's and will last twice as long).