Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Warranty - Diagnostic Charge $$$

Old 03-30-2006, 10:11 AM
webie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Warranty - Diagnostic Charge $$$

It's a normal practice for Honda dealers to charge $ for diagnostics on items that are covered under Warranty?

I ask because my Accord (103k) has the SRS light on. I checked the code and it’s the 15-3 OPDS sensor. I reset the OPDS last week as my Service Manual suggest. But it came back on this week. The OPDS sensor is covered under extended warranty (Recent Bulletin) for 10yrs 150K. I told the problem to the dealer and they told me they will have to charge $85 to diagnose the problem and if it is a 15-3 they will repair free of charge under warranty but I still have to pay for diagnostic.

Should I report them to Honda Motor Co.? Any recommendations?
Old 03-30-2006, 11:21 AM
webie

I just called my regional Honda "Warranty Claims Dept." and they told me no dealer (at least on my region) should charge me for diagnostics if the code or malfunction part is covered under original warranty or warranty extension. Also this specific bulletin states that the "Code Retrieval" (Diagnostic) and "Reset" is fully covered if it throws 15-1, 15-2, 15-3 DTC's

I'm going to pickup my car in about an hour. I want to see their faces when I tell them that I will not pay the diagnostic charge.

I have the service bulletin and the Regional Honda Director's name. I don't think they will charge me the $85 once I present my case...
Old 03-30-2006, 01:25 PM
DarkSideAccord
Chidori-chan :love:

same thing happened when my cat was fried... they wanted to charge me, and i told them tht i checked out the code myself... in the end, they said tht if tht is the problem, and it is covered under warranty, the diagnosis charge would be dropped
Old 03-30-2006, 11:37 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's common to charge for diagnostic first when you come in but after they verify the code is covered under warranty they will wave the charges but if the trouble code isin't covered and honda doesn't pickup the tab it's on you.