Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 Accord Heater Blower

Old 03-30-2006, 09:35 AM
ParoXoN
n00b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Accord Heater Blower

Hey hey, how goes it? Recently my heater blower's decided to die on me. I've checked all the fuses (though admittedly not the control knob wiring...) and other wires, and everything seems to be ok. So my next task seems to be to remove the blower unit itself and see if the fan or internal wiring's toast. I've gotten the glovebox out and disposed of all the retaining bolts for the blower housing, but I can't seem to get the damn thing out. The repair manual I have seems to have skipped a step; it acts like once the bolts are undone, the thing will simply fall right out. This doesn't seem to be the case. Anyone know of any place with a quick video or slightly more detailed guide? Thanks!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:45 PM
MarcD

I had my blower motor go out on me as well. It is tough to remove like you say. I believe the key for me was to remove the two side bolts from the dash to lift it a bit and then pivot the fan motor out. These bolts are located on the side when you open the door- there are two plastic caps that you pop out and then remove the bolts underneath them. Incidentally, I have a whole blower unit out of a '90 Accord if you are interested.

Marc
Old 04-01-2006, 01:09 PM
ParoXoN
n00b

Thank for the help, Marc.
In the end I managed to get it out using the exact method you described. It turns out the motor brushes are completely toast, so it's time for a new motor.

What kind of price were you thinking of for that 90 blower unit? (And what sort of condition is it in?) If you want to drop me an email, my email is paroxon [A] gmail.com

Thanks again!

P.S. I'd contacted my local honda tech and he'd said that the "correct" way to get the thing out is to drain the system of freon then take out the condensor. In spite of this, the tech uses the same method of bending the dash himself.

Last edited by ParoXoN; 04-01-2006 at 02:02 PM.