Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

more exhaust comparisons

Old 03-25-2006, 07:46 AM
FallenAngelHIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more exhaust comparisons

okay, i come to understand these products as so from reading on here and honda-tech.

APEX'i World Sport 2 - looks great, low sound, not a lot of HP gain.
Invidia - REALLY loud
Greddy Evo - REALLY loud, decent HP gains

how does everyone feel about the DC-Sports line of cat back exhausts? and does anyone have anything to correct or add on what i said about the other three above cat backs? i'm having a hell of a hard time deciding. my main goal is for the I/H/E to gain 20-35HP without sounding a coffee can. is the DC-Sports line of cat back exhausts any good?
Old 03-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Knightmare69
Hater

What year accord do you have? I have the magnaflow cat-back and it's a great unit. Nice deep low tone and really opens up after you add header and free flow cat.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:01 PM
f22b_bomber

I have a magnaflow(street series) muffler and custom piping and it sounds great cannot even hear it when driving . it only gets loud when you get on it . do not get caught in those names like greddy ,apexi ect. in my opinion you are just paying for the name you will get the same hp gain if any . but the cheaper the muffler the louder it will be magnaflow has different syles if tips and mufflers. and it will cost you less and the couple of hundreds you save you can use it on other performance parts h:
Old 03-25-2006, 12:06 PM
gs_r_

i personally would suggest the skunk 2 catback it has a nice deep tone and really loud when you get on it
Old 03-25-2006, 05:24 PM
marc96accord
Banned

i have a cheap obx ws type and it sounds really good and deep not loud at all just alot of interior noise only cost 60 from ebay but i also have a header too that helps with the sound i think
Old 03-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Blindside
Stealth Mode

have a cheap obx ws type and it sounds really good and deep not loud at all just alot of interior noise only cost 60 from ebay but i also have a header too that helps with the sound i think

i have the same muffler on my civic before and i'd say obx makes some pretty decent mufflers i just don't think they have cat backs or anything like that... now since i'm a little short on cash still i have their greddy style muffler on my accord haha
Old 03-27-2006, 07:09 AM
FallenAngelHIM

anyone try the DC-Sports Exhaust, i think i might be willing to give that a try if it's not coffee can loud.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:37 PM
concept11253

Reading about sound can be sketchy since sound is all based on opinion. Here is a sound clip of an Apex'i WS2.

Click here to watch Fly-By-with-Apexi-WS2
Old 03-28-2006, 03:47 AM
Autumn Drive
V8 powered

why do you want a muffler? just put a straight pipe.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:17 AM
BONE

I agree the Magnflow cat back is one of the best bang for the buck it has full SS piping and like it says above you really dont hear it intil you really get into it and only for it to be drowned out by an intake I ordered mine from www.completeexhaust.com check them out, great prices on magnaflows