Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

89 accord fuel pump woes!

Old 03-24-2006, 09:54 AM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 accord fuel pump woes!

First i would like to state that i did search and many threads where never answered.

Now this problem is with my girlfriends car and i dont have a ton of time to devote to diagnosis, im sure many of you understand.

The problem sounded to me like something in the ignition system, but after a very indepth check i found that everything in the ignition system was withing spec and alot of it new (recently got car).

The car dies almost on the clock 13 mins after its started, a guy at advance claims the fule pump was dead, but with my busy schedule i have never seen the car die and by the time i can reach the car (45mins or so) it starts for me.

another thing i noticed while diagnosing the car is it runs rich as a pig (carb) and it backfires and tends to choke itself if you pound the gas... which is something i understand but a female for somereason cannot. and if you turn the car off at all... even if its only be running for 5 minuets it still will not start for around 30mins

has anyone had any experiances with such acitvity, this weekend she wants me to change the fuel pump so unless someone intervines i am going to take the gas tank off agian

hey guys, thanks for any responses... i really do appriciate the time you spent to help me
Old 03-24-2006, 10:00 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its Electric Choke check the fuse.