Old 09-18-2002, 05:46 PM
Cyclonus
UP AND ADD THEM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm in that case i'll have to check the manual...:eh: :a:
Old 09-18-2002, 05:47 PM
razorv3

who cares about wasting fuel, my cars motor and drive belts are more important to me. always warm up your car before you drive off for atleast 2-3 minutes, this allows for the proper lubrication of your engines internals and allows the drive belts to warm up before they receive any real load on them.

if you want your car to last, give it the time to warm up.:thumbup:
Old 09-18-2002, 06:11 PM
razorv3

there is nothing wrong with your engine idling for 5 minutes, but if its idling for 30 minutes in hot severe weather than that of course IS bad.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:36 PM
JaydeeEmzOwnzYo

Ok, i got this straight from my 94 Accord OEM Manual.

A cold engine uses more fuel than a warm engine. It is not necessary to "warm-up" a cold engine by letting it idle for a long time. You can drive away in about a minute, no matter how cold it is outside. The engine will warm up faster, and you get better fuel economy.

This can be found on page 108, under Fuel Economy.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:40 PM
darrenemo

Originally posted by razorv3
who cares about wasting fuel, my cars motor and drive belts are more important to me. always warm up your car before you drive off for atleast 2-3 minutes, this allows for the proper lubrication of your engines internals and allows the drive belts to warm up before they receive any real load on them.

if you want your car to last, give it the time to warm up.:thumbup:

:werd:

yeah after a night of sitting outside, your cars oil is all on the bottom of the pan.. if you run it without the oil getting all up in the engine, thats like.. driving with no oil, or a little bit.. causing friction and thus shortening the life of the engine
Old 09-18-2002, 07:49 PM
dantastic
cx power!

in the morning (or whenever i first drive my car) i let it warm up for only about a min max, to make sure oil pressure is up. then i just drive easy till the idle is low. then i go all out. its true that you car will warm up faster just by driving it.
Old 09-18-2002, 08:10 PM
RY2K
5 speed

if you start it and then drive normally thats fine, its better to take it easy and drive it around slow to warm it up
Old 09-18-2002, 08:12 PM
RY2K
5 speed

I realized that doesn't make sense- what i just wrote
yes you can drive it around to warm it up but don't beat on it
Old 09-18-2002, 10:02 PM
JonHsiung
u c l a

honda designed the 6th gen accord so that you can just start it up and go - it says so in the instruction manual. but honestly, i just let it warm up for a minute or two and then i slowly pull out and cruise down the hill to warm up.

your car puts out the most exhaust when it's idling and also burns the most gas when it's cold, that's true. the higher idling RPM at the start is supposed to warm up the car until it gets to ample temperature and then everything runs fine and your VTEC will actually work (it won't work when the engine's just starting off too cold). just don't let your car idle too long. beyond intial warming stages, it's not good for it.
Old 09-18-2002, 10:26 PM
accordboy00

True, my V-tec doesn't seem work until after the car warms up. I always start the car and drive within a minute later, but I go easy. Doesn't the manual say that the engine will hold gears longer in order to warm the engine quicker?

Quick Reply: Warming up your car?