Notices

91 Honda Accord DX

Old 02-12-2006, 09:03 AM
rickturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Honda Accord DX

Can Anyone tell me how to remove the fuel pump from my 91 accord?
I have located it behind the back seat. I have removed the silver metal cover, but there are no other screws to remove (see Pics). Does It take a special tool? I am having engine start problems- engine turns but I cant hear FP prime. I have replaced main fuel relay, but still has same problem . I have banged on the area by the fuel pump with a rubber mallet and can sometimes get it to prime and therefore start the car. can someone give me directions on pump removal or any other possibilities of what my problem might be...
Thanks
RT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC00011.JPG (147.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg
DSC00013.JPG (142.3 KB, 24 views)
Old 02-12-2006, 09:07 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...30 second search: https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...cord+fuel+pump
Old 12-05-2007, 03:25 PM
jazzieps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check this first

Originally Posted by rickturbo
Can Anyone tell me how to remove the fuel pump from my 91 accord?
I have located it behind the back seat. I have removed the silver metal cover, but there are no other screws to remove (see Pics). Does It take a special tool? I am having engine start problems- engine turns but I cant hear FP prime. I have replaced main fuel relay, but still has same problem . I have banged on the area by the fuel pump with a rubber mallet and can sometimes get it to prime and therefore start the car. can someone give me directions on pump removal or any other possibilities of what my problem might be...
Thanks
RT
i had the same problem first check the ground screw a black wire running behind the seat coming from the wires u pulled from the fuel tank its 1 black wire with a 10m screw holding it the screw is probably rusted from moisture clean and coat it it with a rust inhiberter(protective coating) if that doesnt work you will have to remove the gas tank to replace the fuel tank good luck jazieps@gmail.com