Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

d2 vs. tein ss coilovers

Old 01-09-2006, 07:06 PM
StRaIgHtUp7
boobies!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d2 vs. tein ss coilovers

i'm considering gettin coilovers for my ride and was just wondering wat some peoples thoughts were on the d2 and tein ss coilovers. i did some research but none really helped so does anybody have these setups and wat do u think? or is there a better coilover system? thanks in advance :thumbup:

setup i have now: tein s.tech springs, kyb gr-2 shocks, spc camber kit
Old 01-10-2006, 05:20 AM
Vlad666

I got TEIN SS coilovers with adjustable shocks on my 2003 4 door I4 auto. Love them. To say they are the best, I am not gonna make a bold statement like that. There are so many different great setups out there using all kinds of spring/shock variations. Koni, Eibach, KYB, Tokico just to name a few. I like the idea of having a matched spring/shock combo, but let me warn you it comes at a price.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:43 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have tein ss on my 96 accord and I have zero problem ever since I got them a little over 2yrs.
I wont say they are the best either.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:45 AM
StRaIgHtUp7
boobies!!!

well i've been readin around and i'm readin mixed reviews...i also read that coilovers make clunking noise...any input on this?
Old 01-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Vlad666

I have not experienced any kind of unusual noises coming out of my suspension.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:42 PM
badtameezboy

I've heard good things about TEIN SS and TEIN springs with Koni shocks. I will go for that myself.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Ctrld-Kaos
i need a wrench wench

not too sure about the d2 or tein coils but, i have omnipower fullcoils on my civic hatch and the ride is awsome and there is no clunking noise that some ppl experience. if you have strange noises coming from ur suspension, it was installed wrong. the omni's however, are easy to install and adjust and it doesnt beat the crap out of when driving on the streets.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:06 PM
CL1accord

yo guys i just got my car back from the shop and i had the d2 coilovers installed, i had to wait for 2 months cuz they dont have too much supply. but i gotta say i got a great deal on them and they are really good for the money and the ride is excellent. I have to say compared to teins, i can do very fine dampening adjustments to my likes. I would definately suggest buying d2 coilovers.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:59 PM
StRaIgHtUp7
boobies!!!

Originally Posted by CL1accord
yo guys i just got my car back from the shop and i had the d2 coilovers installed, i had to wait for 2 months cuz they dont have too much supply. but i gotta say i got a great deal on them and they are really good for the money and the ride is excellent. I have to say compared to teins, i can do very fine dampening adjustments to my likes. I would definately suggest buying d2 coilovers.

did u have teins before? and if so how do they compare? oh...and wat kinda car? thanx guyz for all da feedback :thumbup:
Old 01-10-2006, 08:33 PM
CL1accord

well i didnt have teins before but my buddies car has teins ss and i just feel that my d2s ride really nice and more refined in some ways. The d2s are installed on a 6th gen accord, or 02 accord sedan. feel free to ask any questions about the d2s man. and oh yeah if u are gonna order d2s be ready to wait for some time, i feel that it was worth it seeing that couple of nights ago i took the off ramp at around 60 mph, which i think is good for an accord.