Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003-2006 Accord owners with Ice>Link Plus for ipod

Old 01-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Accord Ed
Nissan Sucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003-2006 Accord owners with Ice>Link Plus for ipod

I posted this on ilounge.com, but figured i would try here as well.

I ordered my Ice>Link Plus from densionusa.com to hardwire my ipod into the HU of my 2005 Accord. I have downloaded numerous types of instructions for install, but i couldn't find answers for these two questions:

1.) do you absolutely need to disconnect the battery to install? I have my radio code somewhere, but i would prefer not to disconnect, enter code, etc.

2.) is it necessary to install a ground loop isolator with the ice>link plus? I have read it was strongly suggested, but not necessary for ice>link v1.0 and 1.1 because it cuts out the engine noise. Will it make that much of a difference with the "plus"

Thanks in advance!

I don't have XM, so the install will be that much easier.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:28 PM
berto

I just installed the icelink plus for my 60gig ipod video today. I have a 03 v6 accord coupe. I do not hear any engine feedback noise when I am driving or playing the ipod. It works great. I can change playlist from the steering wheel controls...but I don't not normally use playlist i browse and play by albums. There is a lot of options from the icelink system. Quality is great. I got mine at a steal for 149 b/c the package was already opened. The only gripe I have is that with the dock connector I cannot use my Ipod case.

Installation was easy. The most difficult part/s was getting the coin holder/cig lighter and the dash storage bay out.

It was simple plug and play and not plug and pray.

now for your questions.

1.) do you absolutely need to disconnect the battery to install? I have my radio code somewhere, but i would prefer not to disconnect, enter code, etc.
-------------------------------------------
I disconnected the battery. I think you will need to do this inorder for the Icelink interface to reset it self. Thats what I read on a website...can't remember which one. And its in the manual/installation guide. If you do not have your vehilce radio code why not give it a try.

2.) is it necessary to install a ground loop isolator with the ice>link plus? I have read it was strongly suggested, but not necessary for ice>link v1.0 and 1.1 because it cuts out the engine noise. Will it make that much of a difference with the "plus"
-------------------------------------------------
As above summary stated. I do not hear any engine noise. I don't think that the ground loop isolator is necessary.

I don't have XM, so the install will be that much easier.
-----------------------------
As soon as you get that storage bay out you will see the oem Aux port on the radio. Yes it will be much easier.

I removed the cup hold thingy from the hand break section. I'd suggest that you do this. Also you will need to shift your car into 1st gear inorder to get the storage bin out. U can use the override thing thats next to the gear stick. (this is if you have a AT). Also make sure u test the system out before you put every thing back together.

All The best with your install.

Robertico
Old 01-09-2006, 04:15 PM
esaccord03

I have an '03 Accord Cpe 6MT w/ Navi and the install is much harder...but worth it. The AUX port is not located underneath the HU like the accords w/o the navi. I discovered this after taking out the storage bay. The component that blocks the AUX port is the indash 6 disc changer. The only way to get to the AUX port is to remove the dash cover that contains the temp and clock display above the navi screen. If you need directions on how to do this go to www.collegehillshonda.com and click on the 06 accord accessories. Honda has a new music link for the 4th gen ipods. Download and view the pdf on the installation. It is not that difficult to remove the dash cover....although nerve racking because you don't want to scratch it. Anyway once that is out of the way you will see three screws you need to take out. The other two screws the hold the whole unit in place is attached to the in dash 6 disc changer. You will see those when you take out the storage unit. Remove those as well and all you have left is the clips on both sides and center that pop out with alittle pressure. Presto...the whole unit slides out exposing the AUX port. If you want to keep your NAVI you need to purchase the "Y" adapter because the NAVI plugs into the AUX port. You can purchase along with the Ice Link Plus at www.logjamelectronics.com. You will have alitte room to drop one side of the "Y" adapter below the 6disc changer after you place the NAVI back into place. This is where I plugged in the Ice Link Plus and continued my install. I highly suggest you reconnect the battery at this point and test. Plug in you NAVI code and Radio Code, hit the cd/aux button twice and turn it up because it sounds great. Sorry for no pictures....I hate stopping to take pictures.