Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord shaking at high speed and acceleration

Old 01-06-2006, 09:20 PM
tpick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord shaking at high speed and acceleration

I have a 93 accord wagon manual transmission with 174k on it that I got a couple of months ago. It shakes at around 65 miles an hour or so sometimes less but always around 3000 rpms. It has new tires, they have been balanced, and the cv joints all look like their in perfect condition. It has a cracked bushing in the front motor mount but I was told that would only resultin a shaking during idling and in reverse. Any ideas what to check next?
Old 01-07-2006, 02:20 PM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tie-rod ends... they will cause an ass load of shaking on acceleration and highspeeds... i found its most noticable if your on a highway doing about 65 and try to accelerate in 5th gear. you will feel a heavy stumble and if you turn the wheel slightly you will get a shimmy on that side.

this happpend to me and luckly it only took a few minutes to diagnois. I jacked the car up and tried to wiggle the wheel towards the engine and then away, and my passenger side would move about .5" and behold i took off the tire and the boot on the tie-rod was nearly nonexistant