Notices

HELP needed with '96 Accord LX speakers

Old 12-30-2005, 08:11 PM
mrstangblb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP needed with '96 Accord LX speakers

It looks like my '96 Accord LX needs 6-1/2" speakers in the front doors. I want to replace the old original speakers with component speakers. Am I going to need some kind of adapter to get the new speakers into the opening? Is there a 3 hole or 4 hole opening? I plan on mounting the tweeter after drilling a hole in the black mirror cover so I get the highs up higher than the main speaker.

It looks like there are Pioneer speakers in the back, and I'm not sure if they are factory speakers or not. What size would I need for the back? Will regular 6" x 9" speakers go in there?

Thanks for any help as always,

Barry
Old 12-30-2005, 09:05 PM
lufkintravis

6.5 in the front (4 hole i think) and 6x9 in the rear. Watch out and don't get a huge magnet on the fronts cause there's a plastic weatherproofing insert to keep water off the speaker that fits behind it and if the speaker sits too deep it will stick out of the door.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:47 AM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

One thing to check, especially before any cutting (on any car) is to roll your window down and then check clearances.

Last time I checked Crutchfield.com, they had something that would tell you what speakers would fit a given car. Usually the biggest problem with fit is the depth, i.e how far the magnet hangs off the back. The last thing you want is to get the window halfway down and have it hit the magnet.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Neos

Thanks

I am finding which speaker fits my front speaker in my Accord 96 Sedan. My front speaker's volume is too low now, in front seats only hear the sound from rear speakers.

My rear speakers are Pioneer too, and I'm not sure if they are factory speakers either. The bass is very good (strong and deep) but treble is very weak

My knowledge about car audio is very limited, and i just want to be simple - flip and go. Which speaker should I go for?
Old 05-17-2006, 10:13 PM
constantc

I just had the rear speakers replaced in my Accord 94. They were 6.5" round.