Notices

Lite bulb behind Dig. Dash Clock? 99 Accord EX

Old 12-28-2005, 07:49 AM
Tom T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

popped it out this morning...no problem

wedged a small scredriver and wiggled as described (protected
bezel w/thin rubber)

Now i need help w/step 2: where is the bulb located?
there are two elect. packs attached in rear... smaller one I pulled
and there's no bulb. Larger pack I'm afraid to pull out as it seems
to be plugged in very tight, but I assume that's where the bulb is hiding???

thanks.... Tom
Old 12-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Tom T

forget it...just found the tiny lite bulb assembly... now onto
local Honda dealer to replace...local parts store does not carry

lite bulb is closest to right hand side if ur looking ath the windshield
sitting inside a gray plastic holder (similar to a X-Mas lite)
Old 12-31-2005, 07:08 AM
Tom T

got the lite at the dealer & it works fine now! Also bought an extra one as these little bulbs are NOt available in local auto-stores (at least near me).

Cost about $1.25 each...Thanks all & enjoy NY's and be safe!

and PS: These forums are great for assistance

Tom
Old 01-01-2006, 08:49 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

I've also had issues with the lights for the cruise control arming/sunroof/ and foglights arm switch for those equiped as such.

Those seem to go bad just a fast, you replace those by removing the slide out coin box? (for lack of a better name) under the driver's left side vent. You have to pull out the entire A/C vent to remove the switches to gain access to the bulbs.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:09 AM
boni10

Default 99 accord lx

I have an lx 99 accord and my clock light bulb area does not seem to pry out like the one in the 99 ex. Can anyone tell me how to replace the bulb for the lx clock? Thanks.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:26 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Originally Posted by boni10
I have an lx 99 accord and my clock light bulb area does not seem to pry out like the one in the 99 ex. Can anyone tell me how to replace the bulb for the lx clock? Thanks.
They are identical, the clock bezel pries up from below the set buttons at the lower seam, inline with the lower edge of the hvac vents.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Tom T

Originally Posted by boni10
I just gently put a narrow screwdriver under the clock assembly and wiggled it a little. Also put a small piece of rubber beneath the screwdriver to avoid scratching the dash . It came out suprisingly easy... Good luck!
Old 01-04-2006, 08:49 AM
jghall00

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
lol....PhD in dashboard mechanics..lol......
Its one of the notorious hickups with the accord. Is your shifter light out also by the shifter if your car is an auto?
I've had the clock bulb burn out. The shifter bulb is out, a bulb on the left side of the gauge cluster is out, and the low fuel light is out. How do you replace the bulb near the shifter? I'm sure my wife would like to have that one done. Someone should do a sticky on bulb replacement.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Tom T

Originally Posted by jghall00
I've had the clock bulb burn out. The shifter bulb is out, a bulb on the left side of the gauge cluster is out, and the low fuel light is out. How do you replace the bulb near the shifter? I'm sure my wife would like to have that one done. Someone should do a sticky on bulb replacement.
wow... U ain't kidding... that is unbelieveable! What's going on w/Honda's
background lightss??? A sticky sure sounds like a great idea. definitely try and fix the shifter one.. I'll have to check mine to see if it works (I'm not even sure since I just got the car)

Tom
Old 02-23-2006, 06:42 AM
F3user

I bought a two pack of bulbs from radioshack for $1.78 before tax. Part number: 12v Microlamp (272-1092). They work great, but if you go this route you have to reuse the old socket (not hard if you can see small things). I trimed the leads on the bulbs down to about 1/2" before putting in the old socket. The one for the clock has a blue rubber cover that goes over the light that has to be removed from the old light and put on the new. The light behind the Hazard switch has no cover. I did this on a 98 Accord. Being a newbie to Honda, I thought the light didn't work at first because when I turned the lights on the hazard light lit up but not the clock, turns out the key had to be on. I have read the honda parts come with new sockets and cost about $2.25 each. Good luck.