Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accord coupe and sedan driving different

Old 12-20-2005, 02:30 PM
James281

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TaekOne
the sedan will be slightly heavier and keep you more grounded, taking longer to move around. maybe thats why the coupe seems to be more 'out of control'. the coupe will be lighter and presumably more nimble. but if youre driving like an idiot swerving lanes you'll experience body a lot of body roll w/o a stiff suspension setup. not exactly sure how the sedan and the coupe's suspensions differ, but i wouldnt suggest driving the way you say you are.
probably what i am thinking is because i never drive the coupe and own 2 sedan before so hope i get use to the coupe soon. don't worry i drive safe on the road, what i mean is when i test drive to buy the car i take it in the back road and did a little swerving and abuse the break a little to test it.. i did that to both the sedan and coupe.

Originally Posted by RealDeal
Where in the world are you from?
Houston, TX
Old 12-20-2005, 03:46 PM
jschmid

Originally Posted by TaekOne
i mean seriously, do you think that a larger, heavier version of the same car is going to be as quick and responsive as the coupe model? maybe hes not used to driving the coupe. i dont know the exact specs, but im willing to bet that the coupe will respond better (and differently) to quick, sudden turns compared to the sedan. which might be the reason he feels like hes losing control. this is, of course, assuming that his sedan doesnt have factory suspension upgrades. so stfu.
I just compared the LX models...sedan is 40lbs heavier, wheelbase on all trim levels is 2" different. I bet if "James" drove the coupe and sedan back to back with the same trim level, motor and tranny he wouldn't think there was a huge difference in handling.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:03 AM
RealDeal
Raleigh, NC

http://secure.hop.com/index.cfm?AFID=10