Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oxygen Sensor replaced, Check Engine Light still on.

Old 12-07-2005, 05:53 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stereo
are you sure it's a faulty o2 sensor ? what code did it throw ?
Yeah, get the code number. Not just the guy's verbal description.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Scarlet L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are great!

Next time I have a problem, I'll post it earlier. I ended up taking the car to a mechanic. He replaced the downstream sensor. Cost me over $200 with labor -- not complaining about the cost, but wish I could have done it myself -- save money and makes me feel good for doing it myself.

The code from AutoZone was P0141. Does anyone here have access to codes to tell them what that code indicates? I ended up buying a front sensor for no reason.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:10 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

P0141 is the rear O2 sensor heater. Or the circuit in the car. The ECU can't tell the difference between a bad sensor(heater) vs. a broken wire in the car.

I've got a Helm book for my car, so I just look it up. You can search for the code itself, then you get some discussion not just a brief entry in a code list.

Hondas generally have the same code list, with the exception of some codes don't apply to all models. For whatever car you have, some numbers are simply missing from the list, I don't think Honda re-uses the same number with 2 completely different meanings.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:15 PM
mike3206

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2002 Honda Accord EX 2dr coupe 4cy. I have a check engine light on and went to a mechanic he said it was the upstream O2 sensor code F234A and went to Advance Auto and they said the same thing. I ordered the part and Advance Auto put it on for me and check engine light is still on and they are still getting the code 1166 and 1167 which is the same code for the O2 sensor upstream. They tried erasing them but check engine light still on and the codes are still there. What is wrong or what could be wrong does anyone know the answer or can help me Pplease.... Thank you