Notices

CAI, Header-tail pipe, now what?

Old 11-19-2005, 03:09 PM
GRNWNV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI, Header-tail pipe, now what?

Hello folks,

I've got a 99coupe 2.3L Vtec with the above mentioned modifications done. It's mad a big power difference. However, I'm looking for a bit more. I've asked around and no-one seems to know much about the performance stuff where I live. I've tried a plug n play chip from jet performance which worked as well as sugar in the gas tank. What can I do next? Some mechanics have mentioned a larger throttle body, perhaps better injectors, and perhaps even chips. Has anyone out there had any success with these or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Old 11-19-2005, 06:45 PM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to HAN bro, Its the best place to find all your answers. Just familiarize your self with the search. He have discussed all this like Thousand times and all the info you are looking for is there. If you cant find it then post it here and someone will help you with it.
Goodluck
BTW DONT PUT SUGAR IN THE GAS TANK, IT WILL F UP YOUR ENGINE.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:18 PM
GRNWNV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice welcom

Thanks for the welcome and the info. I found a lot of good tips which should save me the trial and error costs.

I think my next move is going to be a bigger throttle body. It seems like the next logical move in my car since I'm in university right now and it will be a while till I think about chargers etc.

Where can I get a good performance throttle body? What is a throttle body spacer and could I benefit from one if I get a different body?

Last but not least, I have a baffle on the end of my stainless muffler that I like to keep in every now and then, the problem is that it vibrates when the back pressure builds, take offs no problems. Makes the car sound cheap. Currently I can take it in and out with only one screw that holds it in place. Any suggestions?

Thanks