Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H23 non-VTEC to replace F22A6

Old 10-15-2005, 01:11 PM
GreenEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H23 non-VTEC to replace F22A6

Hi,
I bought an H23 and transmission with the intention of rebuilding and swapping into my 1992 Accord EX. Due to a lack of posts exclusive to this kind of swap, I thought it was time to start a new post to gather as much info as possible about the swap to help me and any one else seeking to do the swap. I think the H23 non-VTEC has a lot of advantages for the first time swapper as well as anyone on a budget. The closed deck block, additional displacement, and H22 VTEC head compatibility make for a good starting point, and not a bad engine to run around with while you save up for the H22 head, turbo, supercharger, etc. Given this reasoning, I have decided to replace the F22A6 in my 92 Accord EX with one.

What I would like to compile here is a thread for one-stop shopping when it comes to information. So if anyone has done the H23/F22B (JDM non-VTEC twin cam) swap in their 4th or 5th gen Accord, please post what you had to do, what you learned, your satisfaction with the project, etc. From wiring to power enhancers to gas mileage, whatever you know, please share!

I'm picking up by H23 tommorrow to begin the rebuild/build-up process. I'll keep you posted on the development.

Brian Massie
Waynesboro, VA
Old 10-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked in the Hybrid forums?
Old 10-15-2005, 03:02 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default Is it really a HYBRID?

yeah sure it may be posted sumwhere else but who knows where exactlly, sometimes posting to new users and others is not a bad thing.Getting direct info on wut they are specifically doing.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:18 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Originally Posted by DUNK_Performanc
yeah sure it may be posted sumwhere else but who knows where exactlly, sometimes posting to new users and others is not a bad thing.Getting direct info on wut they are specifically doing.
a. the HYBRID forum contains a lot of topics about engine swaps and etc.

b. I don't have any knowledge\info about engine swaps h:
Old 10-15-2005, 07:41 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default its not really a hybrid frum my pint of view

well its good yu were trying to lead him to the water, but will he drink, maybe its contaminated. Honestlly a swp is not a hybrid, an B20 A block and B18C head thats a hybrid, where i am frum H22A and H23A come in these models as premium performance options(Type R and so forth) thus i dont see it as beiing a hybrid, but merelly swap or engine change.C32B heads on a C35A blocks is a hybrid that im performing....see
Old 10-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Originally Posted by DUNK_Performanc
Well i know that swaps != hybrids, but 90%+ of the posts in the hybrid forums are about swaps. h:
Old 10-22-2005, 05:54 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default really tho,

a SWAP is not a hybrid, a hybrid is takin 2 things and making one, putting an engine in a car is not a hybrid, even if yur SWAPPING the factory wiff another, engines that people swap in american cars like accords, here in asia they come with the engines yu guys swap to, its not a "HYBRID", maybe yu need to read the definition of "hybrid"
Old 10-22-2005, 08:32 PM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

did u know the h22 head aslo fits on the f22 block. the f22b head fits the f22a block, the h23 is the usdm counter part to the f22b, so the h23 head fits the f22 block, with a simple head swap (not simple) and a very small mod you could have an h23 head on your stock bottom with h23 intake manifold. but since the h22/h23 heads are interchangeable, you can wire your stock f22 to hold an h22 dohc vtec and the f22 tranny is geared a hell of a lot diffrent, giving some mad acceleration just you run out of gear so u never experiance top speeds. but your accord shouldn't be doing that anyways.