Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just wondering if there were worthwhile performance mods for 06' SE w/iVTEC 4-cyl

Old 10-05-2005, 06:24 AM
1fastfamilyman
1st timer!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just wondering if there were worthwhile performance mods for 06' SE w/iVTEC 4-cyl

just like the topic says. are there any free mods, or do-it-yourself type mods that can be performed? like has anyone ever built their own intake, ported their throttle body, etc? I'm not interested in any exhaust whatsoever, as I AM NOT a fan of exhausts on 4-cylinders.

I'm just looking for anything to add a lil more pep to the lil 4-cyl.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:44 AM
JL95AccorD

sure, you can build your own intake out of items you would find at home depot. And of course people have ported their own throttle bodies (If they know what they are doing)

My sugestion is to familiarize yourself with the search button.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:28 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1fastfamilyman
just like the topic says. are there any free mods, or do-it-yourself type mods that can be performed? like has anyone ever built their own intake, ported their throttle body, etc? I'm not interested in any exhaust whatsoever, as I AM NOT a fan of exhausts on 4-cylinders.

I'm just looking for anything to add a lil more pep to the lil 4-cyl.
You just bought a $20,000 car, if you're going to modify it at least put on some parts that have been engineered and manufactured well. I would suggest DIY intakes and crap on an 87 Accord but not an 06.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:35 AM
1fastfamilyman
1st timer!

lol...that's funny about the search button, I am well aware of where it is, and what it does, and don't need for it to be pointed out to me by someone who obviously isn't contributing to my thread.

Also, as for modifying a brand new car, it's nothing. I had my 00' SS at the track 2 nights after I picked it up from the dealership, drive-out tags and all.

As for how something under the hood looks, I could care less, just so long as it works, and works well. I can build intakes just as good, if not better, than most of the aftermarket companies, but mine's just not shiney, and doesn't have a cool sticker on it.

I'm not looking to race this car, as it's a dog, and if I want to go fast in a 4-dr, I have something else for that, and if I want to go real fast, then I have 2 other vehicles besides my CompG for that. I bought this car because it was roomy, it was cheap, and it's good on gas. It's a turd as far as speed goes, but then again, most 4-cyl's are, that's why I was asking if there was anything I could do to the motor to help it. And that's why I didn't use the search, mainly because the car is so new, and I wasn't sure if anything had done anything to them yet, and also, because my topic was very specific, and I asked about it in a specific forum.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:16 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

lol...that's funny about the search button, I am well aware of where it is, and what it does, and don't need for it to be pointed out to me by someone who obviously isn't contributing to my thread.

Also, as for modifying a brand new car, it's nothing. I had my 00' SS at the track 2 nights after I picked it up from the dealership, drive-out tags and all.

As for how something under the hood looks, I could care less, just so long as it works, and works well. I can build intakes just as good, if not better, than most of the aftermarket companies, but mine's just not shiney, and doesn't have a cool sticker on it.

I'm not looking to race this car, as it's a dog, and if I want to go fast in a 4-dr, I have something else for that, and if I want to go real fast, then I have 2 other vehicles besides my CompG for that. I bought this car because it was roomy, it was cheap, and it's good on gas. It's a turd as far as speed goes, but then again, most 4-cyl's are, that's why I was asking if there was anything I could do to the motor to help it. And that's why I didn't use the search, mainly because the car is so new, and I wasn't sure if anything had done anything to them yet, and also, because my topic was very specific, and I asked about it in a specific forum.
It has nothing to do with modifying a brand new car, it has to do with cheaping out. Companies like INJEN and AEM actually have engineers that design the intakes, not some mexican guy who just jumped the fence and needs some cash.

The only thing you can 'DIY' is properly maintaining the car and keeping it the way Honda wanted it to be. Your post is full of contradictions...if you don't care about going fast, why are you willing to void your warranty and spend all this time custom building these intakes that apparently you know how to build better than anyone else?

Bottom line: If you want your car to be faster, buy modifications that are dyno proven and engineered. If you don't give a shit, leave it the way it is. If you want to be a ricer, make your own intake and drill some holes in your exhaust so the car seems faster but is actually slower.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:52 AM
1fastfamilyman
1st timer!

lol.....never mind, it's not even worth my time to post.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:10 PM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

i think using the search button was the best suggestion thus far on this thread. ive used it for the same topic in the past and have had enough helpful information to make up my mind on my own matters. although your post was worded differently than other similar threads, the question remains the same and has also been answered. your car is new, but the 7th gen accord is goin on its 4th yr now...

you wont find too many mods that will give you huge increase in power for your/my car, especially if noise is something you seem to want to avoid. and you cant expect people to help you out if you're not being specific about what you want or need. "more pep" is pretty subjective IMO.

you said so yourself, your accord isnt half as fast as your other high-powered machines. like ive heard before, "you can put make-up on a pig and dress it all up, but in the end, its still a pig". you bought an I4, it'll always be an I4.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:27 PM
ItsaHonda

I drive a 2001 Trans Am, and by no means, is a 7th gen I4 Accord a dog. My 96 is a dog, but the 7th gens are pretty quick, relatively. They certainly have enough 'pep' stock to do what they were designed to do.

I agree with 98coupeV6 and TaekOne on this one.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:05 PM
wil4713

i think using the search button was the best suggestion thus far on this thread. ive used it for the same topic in the past and have had enough helpful information to make up my mind on my own matters. although your post was worded differently than other similar threads, the question remains the same and has also been answered. your car is new, but the 7th gen accord is goin on its 4th yr now...
:werd:

sorry; i guess i'm "obviously not contributing" to your thread, but...
Old 10-05-2005, 03:17 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

lol.....never mind, it's not even worth my time to post.
Why even post in the first place if you already know the answers?