Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 v6 accord revs funny and might have tranny prob

Old 09-28-2005, 07:50 PM
crackokilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 v6 accord revs funny and might have tranny prob

hello I have a 99 accord v6 and I have several problems wit the first problem I been having is some dash lights stay on during the “on” position these lights are: the battery, oil, brake, all the doors show up as open including the trunk and the brake lamp is also on. This also continues to happen 4 a short time well I first start driving. then my car at start rev up as it was in “P” and “N” it would idle at 2000 then drop to about 1200 and bounce back up to 2000 it does whenever I’m in “P” and “N” and then when I drive my car the rpm gauge sits at 1100 during idle. And my car drives at about 20-30 when I idle, and when I’m stuck at a light my engine starts making some noise. I saw the section on manually getting codes and I get these codes from my car cel 70, d4 2-5 abs 61, I also went to AutoZone to make sure and I got p1738( 2nd clutch pressure switch) then when I was driving back from AutoZone my check engine light went on what should I do, what can I do

would i be able to drive back home and get it fixed(70 miles)
Old 09-28-2005, 08:53 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

1st problem with the gauge lights = your alternator is about to die. You have to get that fixed now.

the 2nd issue sounds like the infamous "fast idle thermo valve"
Old 09-29-2005, 03:07 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by e3NiNe
the 2nd issue sounds like the infamous "fast idle thermo valve"
I dissent h: I think it's a clogged EGR issue.

You need to spend some quality time with the search button and read through the DTC thread. Welcome to HAN You can drive it a million miles if you want, Hondas take a lot of abuse, and I'd bet you can fix most of it yourself. Well except for the alternator, that might leave you stranded, so buy one now and put it in ASAP and try not to drive at night and leave your lights/accessories off during the day so it doesn't die.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:51 AM
crackokilla

Default about the alternator

ok about the alternator i had it replaced not to long ago, i was at a party and i put my car to the "on" position and left my system on 4 a few then when the party was done instead of driving the car around i just parked it. then a couple hours later i went to my girlfriend house 70 miles away. i was driving and the car dash lights went on and the car lights started dimming. we made it to her house after we got to a gas station 4 a jump and then the car died again and we pushed it the rest of the way (2 miles) my buddy came up from home and replaced it but he didnt have the right size screw for the ring terminal to stay on and i didnt get the right screw until my car died going to six flags cuz he didnt tell me about it. the dash lights stayed on when my alternator died the first time . now sometimes when i start it they r on but after a minute of driving they go off.. wat about the code i got from autozone P1738 shoul di be worried about that
Old 09-29-2005, 06:29 AM
crackokilla

my buddy back home works at a garage and he has the massive Diagnostic machicne should i wait to go home i'm at college right now so i really dont have tools or anything.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:37 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by crackokilla
ok about the alternator i had it replaced not to long ago, i was at a party and i put my car to the "on" position and left my system on 4 a few then when the party was done instead of driving the car around i just parked it. then a couple hours later i went to my girlfriend house 70 miles away. i was driving and the car dash lights went on and the car lights started dimming. we made it to her house after we got to a gas station 4 a jump and then the car died again and we pushed it the rest of the way (2 miles) my buddy came up from home and replaced it but he didnt have the right size screw for the ring terminal to stay on and i didnt get the right screw until my car died going to six flags cuz he didnt tell me about it. the dash lights stayed on when my alternator died the first time . now sometimes when i start it they r on but after a minute of driving they go off.. wat about the code i got from autozone P1738 shoul di be worried about that
...like we said, this is an alternator issue. It's either the alternator itself or an alternator ground but you should probably take it to a repair shop so they can test it out if you don't have a multimeter to do it yourself.

I'm not looking up DTC codes for you as they're already listed in my DTC thread along with a very simple way to find them. Good luck, find your codes and post them in that thread and we can help you (as long as the codes haven't been posted before so search for them).
Old 09-30-2005, 06:33 PM
crackokilla

p1738 is 2nd clutch pressure switch and the cel 70 comes up as trans axle and the 25 comes up also as 2nd clutch pressure switch if i did the abs one right it comes up as 61 low igition voltage.. i tried to call auto zone 4 a 2nd clutch pressure switch they say they dont have it..is this the part dealer direct? and i saw the thread on how to fix it.

Old 09-30-2005, 10:41 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by crackokilla
p1738 is 2nd clutch pressure switch and the cel 70 comes up as trans axle and the 25 comes up also as 2nd clutch pressure switch if i did the abs one right it comes up as 61 low igition voltage.. i tried to call auto zone 4 a 2nd clutch pressure switch they say they dont have it..is this the part dealer direct? and i saw the thread on how to fix it.

why would you want to buy an autozone part anyway :eh: only by Honda OEM.