Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought 05 Coupe LXSE

Old 09-24-2005, 08:12 PM
05CoupeLXSE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought 05 Coupe LXSE

Two Weeks ago I bought a LXSE coupe 2.4L Paid $18,100 A year ago I might have gone for the V6, But with gas at $3 or so I went for the MPG. So far I got 30MPG mixed driving. Runs great, smooth Fast Enough.

Considering adding

Bought 16” steel OEM rims for Winter, Blizzak ice/snow tires soon (NE Ohio)

Thinking about MP3 CD changer, Anyone used OEM adapter for Alpine on 7Th Gen?

More power (amp) using OEM radio ?

Sub in trunk (Bazooka powered?) Any Suggestions?

Remote radar Detector Whistler DE3500

Owners manual days timing belt for v6 only, did they do away with in 7th gen 4 cyl. ?

Other Cars

97 Ford Expedtion

84 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe

01 Accord Seadan 2.3L (Wifes car)

Mark in Ohio
Old 09-24-2005, 09:42 PM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to HAN. :cheers:
There are alot of threads regarding most of the questions you have here at HAN. try searching them, you will find them.
post some pictures of your car when you get a chance.
Check out my car below and ask me if you have any questions.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:12 PM
jschmid

Welcome, congrats on the new car.

When I bought my '99 Accord it had an Alpine changer with the OEM system, worked fine, no complaints. It didn't take me long to upgrade the whole system though, with a new Alpine HU, new speakers, amp, sub, etc.

So you bought steelies for winter...did your car come with alloys?
Old 09-25-2005, 05:35 PM
05CoupeLXSE

Yes, the Special Edition comes with 16" 5 spoke Alloys. I picked up some 04 steels with OEM caps for $140 to my door on EBAY. Blizzaks are next. I'm thinking TIRERACK.com, I have a few month before the snow flies.

I know Alpine worked with 6th gen (maybe even without convertor?) but
7th Gen might be different. Given the way Honda integrated the heat controls with the radio, I think I'll stick with the OEM radio. Other options are to put another radio below, can't imagine that. And factory changer $$$$$ does not do MP3. The Honda addon MP3 was not ideal either.

Thanks for the flameless reply, I have searched the board for much of this info over the last few weeks.

So far the car is great, almost went Toyota Solara Converible, but the lack of top made it "wiggle" and flex too much. The Hondas tend to be more Drivers cars than the Yotas
Mark
Old 09-25-2005, 09:31 PM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05CoupeLXSE
Thanks for the flameless reply, I have searched the board for much of this info over the last few weeks.
We are all here to help each other in any ways. About 2 weeks ago we were discussing about the IPOD with stock HU and alot of things are here in old threads.

I have installed my AMP and Sub with the stock HU and it souds nice.
I have Pioneers on the back, Audiobahn components in the front and a 1000W sub. My friend installed it for me and the way he did it is there is minimum bass from the Rear and front speakers but the Sub delivers all the bass from the back. I use the Bass control of the HeadUnit and the Amp goes off when I power off the radio or turn off the ignition.
Belive me I have NO separate bass control or power switch for the amp, Its all hooked up to the Stock CD player. I can ask him how he did it if anybody want to know.

Dont take me wrong here but Iam just trying to help you.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:18 PM
05CoupeLXSE

I attached Picture .
So far I have
-Blizzaks mounted and balanced on OEM Steels. Waiting for winter.
-Just "Won" Auction for Whislter 3500 (Remote Radar with RED display to match dash lights)
-Researching OEM radio to Alpine MP3 Changer Adapter, looking for one with AUX in too.
-Opinions on Sub setup for 7th Coupe?
Would like to keep it small enough to use passenger side fold down seat at least. Don't need MONGO bass, just tight and more
-6x9 Upgrade Opinions?
Other car has JBL-Limited Edition 6x9 150W RMS each, kinda big though.

Figure I'll run a 4Ga power wire to the back and tap it for amps and trailer wire adapter. Looks like LHS taillight has all needed wires for trailer light hookup, but no "built in OEM" conector for trailer?

So far have about 1000 Mi and so far so good. 30 Mpg ,handles good with lighter front end than v6. 5 Speed Auto is smooth,did not try the stick, must be a hoot to drive. Been shifting for 25 Years , thought I give the left leg a rest. Would have liked some of the goodies in the EX, but the sun roof robs 2.3" of headroom, at 6' 3" , not ideal.... Looked at the06,Led tailights ,slight
rear quarter panel change (to fit tailights), multi color spedo lights and Drive by wire on 2.4L. Not sure the latter would be good or not, still think that is best controled by driver for best response. 05 leftover $2k less,better buy,plus the Blue in 06 comes with Ivory interior,05 Black (show dirt less? maybe..) So I grabbed one of the last Blue/Black ones in 7 states
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
email1.jpg (31.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-02-2005, 08:32 PM
motoguy128

I live in Southern Iowa, so I don't get much snow, but I had one occasion ot test of the Accord on some snowy, icy road in Missouri last winter. There was approx 3"-5" of snow on the ground. The car performed beautifually with just the OEM Bridgestones. The combination of smooth throttle, and great feel from the brakes and steering made it easy. My girlfriend at the time had a GMC Sonoma 4x4, I would hands down take my Accord in bad weather over that truck.

But in Northern Ohio there, I imagine it's hardpack snow on the roads most of the winter. I too would get some snow tires if I lived there.