Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened to my 2001 Honda Accord LX?

Old 09-10-2005, 04:35 AM
yipaoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to my 2001 Honda Accord LX?

Hi, I own a 2001 Honda Accord LX.
Today I found my central locking, central controls for three passengers' windows and wiper washing (watering part is working) quitted again. This is the second time I suffered the same problems.

In details,

1) Central power lock stops. When I pull it,
ther is no sound/action, no, nothing happens. (I checked the fuse in left/right door but nothing's wrong)

2) Master window control only controls drivers window. It cannot control three other windows. Each windows works fine with each door's windows
control button.

3) When i pull wiper washing stick, only water comes out, but no wiper movement. However, if i only turn the wiper knob, wipers can move without problem.

Last time (3 weeks ago), the problems were automatically/magically solved after replacing a dead battery. This time, however, I don't know what I should do to fix them. Your helps will be greatly appreciated!!
Old 09-10-2005, 01:37 PM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its your Electrical system, I think some wires are Bad, Burned or broken or could be some fuse or relay. Try to take it to dealer and let them diagnose so that you know what exactly is wrong.
Something similar happened to me on my Cavalier one time and I replaced the whole button control and it worked fine after that.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:26 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Yeah you're gonna need to troubleshoot the hell out of the electrical system or have the dealer do it for $40 then fix it yourself...electrical problems aren't fun.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:58 AM
JL95AccorD

The same thing was happening on my 95. After looking through a few threads in here, I decided that the first thing to try was to take apart the assy and I found that all it was was a bunch of sludge type crap covering the connections on the switches and preventing the contacts to be made. I cleaned them up, and problem was fixed.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:46 AM
yipaoc

Originally Posted by yipaoc
Hi, I own a 2001 Honda Accord LX.
Today I found my central locking, central controls for three passengers' windows and wiper washing (watering part is working) quitted again. This is the second time I suffered the same problems.

In details,

1) Central power lock stops. When I pull it,
ther is no sound/action, no, nothing happens. (I checked the fuse in left/right door but nothing's wrong)

2) Master window control only controls drivers window. It cannot control three other windows. Each windows works fine with each door's windows
control button.

3) When i pull wiper washing stick, only water comes out, but no wiper movement. However, if i only turn the wiper knob, wipers can move without problem.

Last time (3 weeks ago), the problems were automatically/magically solved after replacing a dead battery. This time, however, I don't know what I should do to fix them. Your helps will be greatly appreciated!!
It turned out to be just the problem of Multi-Control Unit. After re-setting the computer system at the dealer, everything returns to normal. It shut down because of my recent battery problem (a dying battery). Other reasons that may cause the similar problems are jump-start, use of high electrical resistance equipments through the plug. Thank you guys so much for the helps and suggestions!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:12 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Hey thanks a lot for posting the solution up Is it a control unit in the dash or the driver's side door master switch?