Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch recommendation

Old 08-22-2005, 09:06 AM
coregis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch recommendation

I have a 94 Accord EX 5-speed and my clutch is starting to slip. I'm considering either getting an OEM replacement ($119) or stepping up to a stage 1 organic ($285). My car is a daily driver, so it's not that important to me to have the absolute best performance. However, I would really love to have more low end acceleration, especially in 1st. Is the price difference really justified in going to the stage1? Would my shifts just be faster due to stiffer and grabbier clutch, or would I get more efficient acceleration out of the "36% torque increase"? I'd really rather not spend the money if it's not going to make a major difference in low end, but on the other hand, I'm going to be stuck with this clutch for a long long time. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:34 PM
smakdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless you're planning on running nitrous or going turbo soon stick w/ OEM. Aftermarket clutches don't add torque, they are just able to hold a certain percentage more than stock before slipping. So unless you plan on going FI or nitrous, or you like to drop the clutch alot for some strange reason, stick with the OEM.