Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's The Age and Mileage on Your Ride, and Do You Plan on Keeping Her?

Old 07-28-2005, 09:15 AM
DJSIII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jschmid
Of course, don't sweat it. Give it time, she'll come along...maybe when you least expect it.
Thanks man......I was beginning to lose hope especially after this two year relationship I was just in where I found out she was cheating at the end and it really tore me up, and then a year relationship before that went sour, too....I dont wanna feel like Im running out of time here.....

Thank you for your comforting words.....and does it USUALLY happen like that-----when you least expect it?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:24 AM
DJSIII

Originally Posted by Jump off
I sort of do, but sort of don't. My back passenger side door is a door from a junkyard (painted to my car color of course, my body shop guy did a great job)
the other accident was deemed my fault, but completly wasn't, but i rear-ended the person in front of me, so it was automatically my fault. And the repairs done to the front end weren't as good as I wanted but I'm only 18 and about to go to college so, I can't really do too much. I plan on keeping the car as a winter beater and buying an STi when I graduate school. Cars been great to me, and I have alot of money invested in it, and its my first car and all, so i'm sort of reluctant to give it away/sell it.
I hear ya; BOTH of my accidents WERENT my fault; the first time some bitch in a Pathfinder rear ended me (not hard; I had some minor bumper damage but it needed body work) and the second time, my entire front end was wiped out because some stupid older bitch decided to turn right in front of me as I was coming straight on a two-lane road; she was making a left from the opposite direction and I nowhere to go but into her; she claims after the accident that "she didnt see me"......there was like $7,000 worth of damage to the front of this vehicle, and in MY opinion, it should have been totaled, but the body shop fixed it and now I just feel like I am ready to trade her in with everything shes been through; almost EVERY PART under that hood was replaced in my accident and she just doesnt feel the same anymore. Now, my tranny is going and I need a new one, which insurance is covering because we are demanding that they investigate whether or not this was due to bad replacement parts from the accident. I had one broken tranny seal already RIGHT AFTER the accident which the body shop had to fix; this may be connected.

At any rate, I feel like too much is happening at only 58K to my V-6 sixth generation.....it may indeed be time to move on to something else.....

So, thanks for all your replies, guys, and keep them coming if you'd like....a great topic here......does anyone think my '99 has any life left to it after 58K with all I described thats wrong?
Old 07-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Nirvanaspartan

91' auto Honda Accord Lx 4 door at 215,923 miles 2nd owner 1st owner was my cousin shes super clean freak, It runs great but i need to be keeping up with it more, i have been lagging with it. Has never been in an accident!!! not even a ding hit.
heres what my cousin and i had to add to it durning its almost 15 year old life we had to replace

-3 batteries
-wheel stud
-alternator
-oil pan and gasket
-brake rotors
-a/c condensor
-fan motor
- oil changes every month i am very strict on that and transmission fluid change every year strict with that being that the trans. and the motor are the 2 most inportant things in a car, before me, my cousin used to change the oil every 3 months and transmission fluid every 2 years
-radiator
-belts that connect to the alternator, a/c comperssor,etc. 2 times
-underdrive pulley
-many many many tires have a new set of michl. tire boughtem last year in aug. and not 1 sign of tread ware, great tires!
-front winshield once cause of that damn big rig tossing shit out on the freeway :angry:
-replaced timming belt when it snapped on my cousin
- catlic. converter
-recently replace the mastercyclinder
-head lights (both)
-rear tail lights upgraded to flashler ones (by choose)
-intake bought on ebay for $35 in total and took the filter turned around and sold it on ebay for $15 and went to pep boys to buy a K&N filter
-upgraded the crappy stock speakers to some sony 250 watts on the front door, and some sony 400 watts 6 by 9's with 2 1200 watt sony amps that connect to some 2 12'' 1300 watt sony subs in the trunk upgraded the head unit to a sony cdx-8815x very costly
- limo tint on all windows
-nice exhaust pipe

furture mods.
new wheels
better alarm
new carbon fiber hood
new 4 channel amp for my 6 by 9's

future mantain.
no one ever really knows but may god have mercy on my soul.

Car runs excellentay great car prolly cause its a honda and i am sure it will run to well over 300,000 hey but who knows. :irock: :irock: :irock: :irock: :irock: :irock:
Old 07-31-2005, 09:48 AM
georgie

bought my 04 accord ex I4 in april 04 with 17 miles on her and now has 36,3xx and only problem was the fuel pump whining.

bought my 96 ex I4 in april 05 with 131k and now has 145k and only changed the oil and radiator due to restricted flow.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:25 AM
smitty
We can rebuild him...

My Accord has 187,000 and my truck has 112,000. The bike has 28,000.
Keeping the bike, probably selling the car in September.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:59 AM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

Originally Posted by 01ACCORD
Another one of YOU crazy crotch rocket riders!
Heh.. I'm actually planning to sell my motorcycle and go back to standards. My back and my knee just can't take it anymore. I might also get an ex250 for a 'track only' bike.

Originally Posted by DJSIII
Good idea with making the girlfriend drive more.....I was doing that with MY ex too when she got her new Grand Prix GTP....anyway, wow, all that milage for an 01 and I only have 58K on my 99.......how long do you plan on "keeping this car"?
Yeah, it's nice when my gf drives. I can relax and just let her decide where to go. And with the mileage, for a while it was my main mode of transportation(other than my old bike(s)) and I drove my gf around more. But now that she drives more and I have my other cars(and I ride mc more), my accord's mileage shouldn't go up much now.

And I plan to keep this accord till they can pry the steering wheel out of my dead hands. I'm pretty sentimental about it since it was my first new car. I already regreted selling my first car(which was used).