Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 Accord Sedan Struggling Headlights

Old 07-16-2005, 05:09 PM
pablontx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Accord Sedan Struggling Headlights

Hello: Just purchased an '05 Sedan EX Navi. Overall, love it; however, headlights are a tad bit weak. Common? Anyone else have this opinion too or do I just have a bum set?

Don't think want to go all the way to HID aftermarket, but if the standards are this weak will probably put a better set in.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:02 PM
motoguy128

I actually think they are very good. Have you had the aim checked? Do they stop too short in front of the vehicle? Don't cover the edges of the road well enough? Or is it the overall brightness. All a cars and motorcycles I've owned with modern hologen bulbs have been very comparable when aimed correctly Sometiems the factory settings are not very good and can be improved upon.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:24 PM
pablontx

Thanks for your feedback! Ya, I was expecting better too. Sounds like they are too short. I'll try to adjust (guessing it's as easy as one's I've done on other cars) and see if that helps. Any tips on '05 sedan light adjustments?
Old 07-17-2005, 05:58 AM
Vlad666

I agree with motoguy, first adjust the headlight themselves. Never done that myself, but I am sure it's not expensive to do it at any Honda dealer. Better if you have a buddy who can get it done for you. May cost you a few beers . Have beers after the work done though . If you still not satisfied with brightness output, change stock bulbs for Silverstars or something similar. I did and very pleased with brightness and color.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:39 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vlad666
If you still not satisfied with brightness output, change stock bulbs for Silverstars or something similar. I did and very pleased with brightness and color.
Hopefully they don't burn out in a month like most sets do.

Go OEM or go HID unless you wanna risk unreliable headlights that are just a tad bit brighter.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:43 AM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
Hopefully they don't burn out in a month like most sets do.

Go OEM or go HID unless you wanna risk unreliable headlights that are just a tad bit brighter.
Yeah I'm with this guy. I've burned through 2 sets of European market OSRAM SilverStars.

It's HID or bust.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:11 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kenton
Yeah I'm with this guy. I've burned through 2 sets of European market OSRAM SilverStars.

It's HID or bust.
You're always with me Once I went through my first set of Silverstars in a month (luckily I kept my old OEM bulbs as emergency replacements), I was convinced that they were a gimmick.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:05 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
You're always with me Once I went through my first set of Silverstars in a month (luckily I kept my old OEM bulbs as emergency replacements), I was convinced that they were a gimmick.
They're good bulbs really. And Sylvania is a good company to deal with when it comes to returns, they refunded my money.

I never had a set burn out in a month, but 3-6 months is a good average.

When you have to keep spares in your car (which I did), it makes you want to get OEM or HID. I've spent almost about as much money on bulbs as it would've costed to get HID from the guy on these forums in the advertiser section.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Vlad666

Why suggesting OEM bulbs if he is already unhappy with stock bulbs(aka OEM) light output. HIDs kinda shady territory. There is no consensus on the quality and reliability of aftermarket HIDs. Some love it, some go back to stock after some time, some having problems all the way through, some abandon them almost immediately. Is it really worth the $$$$$? Sorry to hear you guys had so bad experience with Silverstars. I've had mine on for over a year and no problem at all. A few people I know also quite happy with them. And as I've mentioned Silverstars are not the only one brand out there.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:19 PM
oei28

Originally Posted by Vlad666
Why suggesting OEM bulbs if he is already unhappy with stock bulbs(aka OEM) light output. HIDs kinda shady territory. There is no consensus on the quality and reliability of aftermarket HIDs. Some love it, some go back to stock after some time, some having problems all the way through, some abandon them almost immediately. Is it really worth the $$$$$? Sorry to hear you guys had so bad experience with Silverstars. I've had mine on for over a year and no problem at all. A few people I know also quite happy with them. And as I've mentioned Silverstars are not the only one brand out there.
Ya, so far I have a good experience with Silverstars. Perhaps it's just luck of the draw. My first set last me about 14 months, and I'm going on 5 months on my second set, and I do a good amount of night driving too. I bought both of them at Wal-Mart and I picked a set that was in the middle of the shelf (instead of just grabbing the one in the front like a lot of people do) if that matters lol.