Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Question

Old 07-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Jaxi
yeayuh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Question

Apparently I am retarded and haven't a clue what the connecting tire arm things are called on my wheels. My right rear wheel is cocked ever so slightly in at the top of the wheel and on the right side of the wheel. so I wobble down the road and my wheel well eats tires and the people who align my car only align. hmmm. so I a) don't know where to go and get it fixed and b) don't want to spend a whole lot. can anyone help???
Old 07-07-2005, 07:39 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What kind of wheels? What kind of CAR?? So is the wheel BENT, so it actually wobbles as you drive? There's places that straighten & refinish alloy wheels, but for steel wheels it's usually not worth it.

Have the tire/alignment place check your wheel (on a balancing maching). If the wheel itself is straight, then your hub is bent, or maybe the wheel bearing is messed up.

If one or more ball joints are loose, that can let it wobble too. You can probably search for threads about ball-joints for more information. If you replace these yourself, you'll still have to get it aligned after.

First thing is to figure out exactly what's bent.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:13 AM
Jaxi
yeayuh

A 92 accord. and it really i guess isn't a wheel question but maybe a suspension question. I have had the alignment checked and all tires are where they are susposed to be but that one. When they guy showed me the problem ( he was the first) i really didn't see anything bent. However I know it is screwed up because I hear and feel it wobble, I watch it some times with my side mirror while driving down the road, and it eats tires in this fun wavy pattern. I just can't remember the name of these arms that hold the wheel to the axle. so I can look into cost and stuff like that.
Thanks
Old 07-08-2005, 09:28 AM
BONE

Are you talking about the upper control arms if you are then thats what the problem is. Does the car sit even when its parked on a flat surface ?
Old 07-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Jaxi
yeayuh

You know I never really looked. And I assume that is what I am talking about. I am not so sure.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:08 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Go to Majestic Honda & put in your car's information... category is called 'rear lower arm'. There's other mail-order Honda places that pretty much have the same stuff.

There's a trailing arm, upper arm, lateral links, all kinds of funny names for the parts, but basically all that stuff works together to hold the wheel at the proper position as the suspension flexes. Still you have to figure out which parts are bent.

It is also possible that the brackets (on the car itself) are bent, too.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:33 PM
murfs66
7th Gen accord sedan

I have had perfectly sstraight rims that wobbled due to the rim having a problem alligning with the axle. Like there was something in the way where the lugs and the rim meet. have that checked
Old 07-11-2005, 06:13 PM
fac90

Are the wheel bearings good.