Notices

interior lights and tail lights went out

Old 06-06-2005, 06:27 AM
azn1028

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior lights and tail lights went out

last week when i went to get my car i hit the alarm button and my parking lights/interior lights go on. when i start the car and turn on my parking lights, they didnt work. checked fuse it was fine. decided to just drive without those lights, no biggie. saturday night the taillights went out (the parking ones, brake is still fine). i checked fuse again and it was fine. i took an old switch from radio shack and basically i took a constant 12v source and wired it to the parking light wire on the driver's side. my switch method worked for about an hour then it died. any suggestions?? i have 2 neons and indiglo's wired to the parking light switch, and it's not wired to the dimmer. it's been working fine for over 3 years. thanks
Old 06-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check your fuses
Old 06-06-2005, 08:55 AM
azn1028

i said in the post i already checked fuse.. all are fine
Old 06-06-2005, 10:39 AM
mayonaise

it could be the headlight switch. we had the same problem in our 88 legend, and had to have that switch fixed twice. there was a bad connection in there, and power to either the dash or tail lights would be lost. the tail and dash lighting are connected, so that if the tail lights go out, the dash lights will also go out. that way, you'll know something's wrong.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:44 AM
azn1028

yeah im pretty sure it's the switch like you said cuz when i directly put a 12v it will turn on... is there a way to fix it myself?? the actual switch? cuz it's turning on the headlights just fine
Old 06-06-2005, 01:19 PM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by azn1028
yeah im pretty sure it's the switch like you said cuz when i directly put a 12v it will turn on... is there a way to fix it myself?? the actual switch? cuz it's turning on the headlights just fine
yeah, our headlights worked fine too. the switch probably controls the headlights and tail lights separately. it makes sense, cuz if your tail lights go out in the middle of the night, you still want to be able to see where you're going.

if it is the switch, i'd just get a new one. we had ours fixed once, and it went bad again. try ebay.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:44 PM
96accord4wood
96accord4wood

i had the same problem and i thought that it was my a fuse that i had over looked
Old 05-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Mousie126

Default Parking and Tail lights

I had the same problem with my parking/tail /dash lights not coming on. We tried replacing the turn signal switch and once we put it in, we noticed smoke coming from the dash....it was a wire in my radio system that was bad. We fixed the wire, and replaced the fuse....finally i had lights again!!! Problem is now, the next day I turn my lights on, when I got home to turn them off, THEY WONT GO ALL THE WAY OFF!!! Until i find a solution, i am unhooking the battery every time i leave the car. Any suggestions????