Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eibachs or an exhaust

Old 08-30-2002, 09:15 PM
hoss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eibachs or an exhaust

looking to do something new to the vehicle. On the one hand, I'd like to get a power gain with a new exhaust system, but at hte same time, I love tight driving cars. So should I go for the eibachs? or an exhaust..

Those of you who say the suspension, anyone drive on a proline kit? Tell me how much that changed from OEM, what you feel etc.

Those of you who say the exhaust, give me suggestions on what to research
Old 08-30-2002, 09:26 PM
ZigenBallz
p/t slacker

Always drop your car first... That's like the first mod everyone should do. It should be a rule or something.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:32 PM
hoss

I don't want to drop my car as much as the sports do. Tahts why I'm looking at the pro's. I'm pretty sure with the pro's I won't need to get aftermarket shocks or anything as well.

And if everyone is ready for a lame question, can anyone give me a general estimation of how much install will cost? Including an alignment? Alright, I'm a tool, but if you can answer, that would be cool. Sorry to bother
Old 08-30-2002, 09:55 PM
oofrost

I think you should drop your car first. No matter what you will need aftermarket shocks if you change your stock springs.

Lowering springs will run you $100-$250 (used-new) shocks will run you $300-$600. install will be about $30-$100 w/or w/o alignment.

Call your local tire/wheel places and see if they do it and ask them for price quotes.
Old 08-30-2002, 10:11 PM
ZigenBallz
p/t slacker

You should do the install yourself... having a shop do it is a complete ripoff. I used to work for a Sear's Tire Center and I would always tell the guys that came in looking for this service to do it themselves instead of paying the $2-250. Just buy a manual, a floor jack and some jack stands and then all you need is a 14mm, a 17mm socket/wrench and rent a spring compressor.

It is suuuuuuuch an easy install. You remove like 4-5 bolts total. Just be careful of the compressed stock springs. Them things are dangerous. Broke 3 fingers once becuase I was talking to a girl while handling it and wasn't paying attention.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:20 AM
JonHsiung
u c l a

drop it first. nobody bags down on lowering jobs if it's reasonable. exhausts could go wrong. very wrong... (but on accords in general, they've been known to sound and look fine)
Old 08-31-2002, 07:21 AM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

i did the drop after i/h/e and i wish i had done it the other way around sometimes. everyone notices you with a "performance" exhaust and when you're riding around looking like a 4x4, people just laugh and see you as just another rice burner.
Old 09-01-2002, 02:46 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

if you get the exhaust first you'll still look like a 4x4.
Old 09-01-2002, 08:11 PM
94 Accord

go with the drop . it is the cleanest look for an accord if you dont have any other things on your car . you're looking for performance so lower your car , horsepower for the turns
Old 09-01-2002, 10:27 PM
kleankord

drop no doubt... install should be an easy DIY too... installing a set of GCs for my friend tomorrow... not exactly shure how that's gonna work out

Quick Reply: eibachs or an exhaust