Notices

5th G blinker mod?

Old 05-27-2005, 07:50 PM
badandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5th G blinker mod?

Ok guys i reeeaally need help on this one.... Is there any way that i can make the following parking lights turn on when i turn on my headlights, yet, blink when i turn on my blinkers? Would i need a double filament bulb to do this?

Im gonna be installing a body kit pretty soon and my bottom turn signals wont fit in it. I wired one of the parking lights with the turn signal and the parking light wires (as a test, im not very experienced with electrical stuff, yet i know the basics) and the light just stayed on, along with the green blinker light indicator inside the dash board. Please, any help would be great
Old 05-27-2005, 11:51 PM
CalBearz24

you'll need a dual filament bulb. get a socket like the ones for your rear brake lights and connect the wires from the corner and the signal to it. you'll probably have to modify the headlight to get the new socket and bulb to fit. i don't think there are 168/194 size dual filament bulbs, but tell me if you find some. i want to do a taillight mod with them.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:25 AM
badandy

I found this on another forum...

Corner Marker / Turn Signal

Your stock corner harness has 3 wires, your new corner light on your J-Spec has 2 wires, instead of wiring it up as Ground/Park or ground/blinker wire it up as park/blinker, yes I said Park/Turn Signal, just do it, it'll work, trust me, do it, darn I said do it! Yea, ok it sounds funny but it works, and it doesn't seem logical, but anyway, keep us posted.

Additional, "Corner Marker / Turn Signal"

The way the original bulb (1157 double filament) works is that for parking light is the lower powered light while the flasher is a higher-powered light blinking brighter. By using this wiring setup, when you use your parking lights the single filament bulb lights up, using the electrical current from the wired marked H1 (See Diagram). And when you hit the Turn Signal, the current from wire H2 shorts the electrical current from H1, effectively canceling each other, and blinks off.

Effectively producing: On - Off – On

Instead of: low light - bright light - low light.

It also kind of reverses the flash sequence, so you will notice the "blinking" off-sequence from the rear turn signals.

Ok conventionally, it's a Ground and a Power Wire, either Ground/Park Light or Ground/Turn Signal so that the light is on whenever the power wire is hot. With the two power wires (Park/Turn), during the day (no park or headlights on), it'll be "no power"/"no power" -- the light will be off. When the blinker is activated, there will be power in this system every time the blinker wire is hot, the other wire in the system, the parking light wire, will actually act as ground. So the Lights light as a regular blinker. At night, (with Park or Head Lights), the blink light will act as ground and the park light will provide power all the time -- the light will be on all the time -- however, when the blinker is activated, u will have two power wires in the system with no ground, this will cause the light to turn off every time the blinker wire is hot because u have "power"/"power" -- no ground. (posted by Chunkchoy14 at mx6.com)

Does anyone know if this works? I just might give it a try. Connecting the parking hot and the turn signal hot and leaving out the ground.