Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

disabling alarm system

Old 03-20-2005, 11:55 AM
will2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disabling alarm system

I have a 97 honda accord, got it used 6 months ago. runs great.

Except... the alarm system does not work properly. It sounds like a very loud car horn that repeats for maybe a minute. It goes off at random maybe a few times a week now. Also if I unlock the the door with the key rather than the remote, it goes off. I don't like car alarms period. Ever. Anywhere. I want to disable it completely and permanently. The alarm system is mentioned in the manual but no info on disabling it. Tried pulling a few fuses but no luck.

Anyone? pleease!! Woke me up the other night going off in the parking lot at 2 AM and probably other people in the apt complex.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:08 PM
oei28

I'm not sure if this would work or not, but you can try taking off the bottom cover on the driver's side and see if you can find the control unit. And when you find it, follow what it is connected to, find the main harness, and unplug it.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:12 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

edit**... let me find something ...

edit*** there has to be a fuse for this, but i'm pretty sure it's tied into the radio. your best shot might be looking into a helms manual and finding the alarm unit. once again, i'm not sure what's tied to it and if unplugging it will also disable the starter.

Last edited by e3NiNe; 03-21-2005 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:20 AM
flyromeo3

look for the alarm brain and just unplug the main wire.
My friends alarm was going haywire on him last night and his remotes didnt work.
So I reached way up under the dash and unplugged it.
Car works fine without the alarm
Old 03-22-2005, 09:40 AM
will2005

Default thanks for the replies!

I will try these out and post back on results.

-Will
Old 03-22-2005, 06:26 PM
will2005

ok, so flyromeo's and oei28's approach (disconnect brain/control unit) was easy and worked. That also disabled the remote however, so I have to use the key to unlock doors manually what a concept! Like the old days. That's fine - sure beats worrying about the extremely aggravating alarm going off or finding my windshield bashed in by a pissed off resident some morning. Of course by reconnecting the harness I can go back to how it was so I try the fuse approach if can find a helms manual. PROBLEM SOLVED, THANKS ALL, NOW I CAN SLEEP BETTER!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 05:05 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by will2005
ok, so flyromeo's and oei28's approach (disconnect brain/control unit) was easy and worked. That also disabled the remote however, so I have to use the key to unlock doors manually what a concept! Like the old days. That's fine - sure beats worrying about the extremely aggravating alarm going off or finding my windshield bashed in by a pissed off resident some morning. Of course by reconnecting the harness I can go back to how it was so I try the fuse approach if can find a helms manual. PROBLEM SOLVED, THANKS ALL, NOW I CAN SLEEP BETTER!!!

So which one worked for you
Disconnecting the brain or removing the fuse?

If you remove the fuse = alarm disabled but remote is fully functional?