Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Problem!!

Old 03-07-2005, 12:02 PM
jaek99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Problem!!

I recently purchased a used Honda Accord and failed to check if the a/c (R134A) worked or not. Unfortunately, the a/c doesn't work at all. I'm not sure if the compressor is turning on, but when i hit the ac button with the car idling, the car vibrates quite a bit, and the engine rpms drop. The ac only blows hot air. I just recently checked the freon pressure by connecting a guage to the low side port and came up with a reading up 25 pounds. (Should i add more freon?)

Can you give me any advice on what to do?
Old 03-07-2005, 01:47 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

Check the A/c compressor clutch to see if it's spinning. When you had the a/c gauge connected and it showed 25psi was the a/c button engauged?? 25 psi on the low wouldnt be so bad if it was on and working. Sometimes on Accords the heater control cable goes out of adjustment or the knob breaks on the inside and the a/c works fine but the heater always stays on and you think the a/c doesn't work. I always check those items when inspecting a system....
Old 03-07-2005, 07:31 PM
jaek99

Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me where the compressor is? I have a repair manual but it isn't very clear with the compressors location. Also, how would i go about checking the heater control unit?