Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Accord Catback Exhaust System Assistance

Old 03-01-2005, 05:28 PM
saadiqie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Accord Catback Exhaust System Assistance

I found a good deal for this exhuast system online. Only thing is it has a ding in it. It normally costs over $500.00 I have a 2003 Accord and the exhaust I want is the DC Sports Twin Canister Catback Exhaust System. Here's a picture of the exact exhaust I'm talking about: http://img30.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img30&image=7935uf.jpg
I can possibly get it for under 100 dollars and save over 400 bucks, but I wanted to know what you all think... He told me that the dent "does not hinder the perfomance of the muffler." But I really would like a second opinion... Is it worth saving that much for a dented muffler? Let me know PLEASE!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:59 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Aw man, that doesn't mean shit. Go on and buy it. Just KEEP AN EYE ON IT FOR RUST. you might want to go ahead and put some rust protectant on it.

I know guys with DC headers that have bangs in the downpipe and they keep using them. Since the gains with a catback are minimal, you shouldn't lose anything power wise. My only problem would be if "you could easily see the bang", like if someone was checking out my exhaust and saw that they might laugh.

For $100 it's a STEAL. You'll need to get some new gaskets for your cat (less than $5 probably) but that's about it.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:43 AM
JL95AccorD

Try to not angle the exhaust too much when you install it. Hide the ding the best you can.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:00 AM
BONE

I would buy it when I purchased my Apexi WS it has a slight dent in it, it was the floor model and when they sold it to me I saved about 50 dollars and you cant see the dent unless you get under the car and look.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:19 PM
saadiqie

Default Bought It

Allright, got the entire Catback Exhaust for 120.00. Yeah everybody I've spoken to says that the dent is cosmetic. I'll do my best so that it's not seen, even though it should be pretty easy as it's on the underside of the car. Here's my next question...

What do you guys think about a Hi Flow Cat Converter? I'm looking at them as I am already going to get the DC Sports 4-2-1 2piece headers. Should I get a Hi Flow Cat Converter or stay with my stock Converter? The only one I can find for my car is by a company XOXO and I found it on eBay. Here's what auction states:
this is a test Pipe or Resonator, allows more air flow thru the pipe, resulting in more horse power. The straight-through design is made with stainless steel with chrome finish and direct bolt on. * For off-road/race only *

Spec & Features

- Increase air flow and performance

- 100% Stainless steel with chrome finish

- Bolt-on design, easy installation
Thanks for everybody's advice... I can't wait to get that Catback system and get it installed!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:22 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

That's just a piece of pipe they made to fit where the cat goes. Get a high flow at from Randomtech I think
Old 03-02-2005, 09:12 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

nice find...it is worst to have the ding on the piping than the canister, so you are good.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:39 AM
saadiqie

Here's the site where I found the "High Flow" Cat Converter on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I was just curious about it... I also called Random Tech this morning except they only have the Converter for the V6 Accord and not my 4 cyl. He asked though if there was a big difference in size from the 03 to the 02 model coupe. He hold me that the 02 model is about 15.5 inches long and it's a 3 bolt flange (front and back). He told me that the rear is an "O2 port" and the front is 3 (I'm guessing thats the size in the diameter). Where could I find the exact specifications of my car's Cat Converter. He also told me that he could have one specially made to fit my car. The current price on those is $286 (for the ones they have in stock). Way more than the one on eBay which makes me question's eBays listing...

Thanks again everybody!
Old 03-03-2005, 07:56 AM
JL95AccorD

too bad that you can't just eliminate the cat. My hardest decision was what tip to get for the exhaust.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:03 AM
saadiqie

Originally Posted by JL95AccorD
too bad that you can't just eliminate the cat. My hardest decision was what tip to get for the exhaust.
My wife's father told me that if you eliminate it that the car would sound to loud. I'm trying to keep a deep noise (as deep as a japanese can can get, which isn't as deep as an american muscle). I see you're from Miami... Have you heard some of those civics and crx's in Hialeah, they sound horrible and you can hear them from a mile away. I like a deep rumble... Listen to this Civic racing a GTI. LOL

http://www.eurotuned.com/multimedia/gti_vs_civic.htm