Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 accord suspension trouble!

Old 02-25-2005, 05:20 AM
JiggaD369

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 accord suspension trouble!

hello everyone. i went to a tire shop yesterday to get my 94 accord LX checked out because in the last few months i was hearing this crazy squeaking noise on the passenger side brake area. it was really apparent from inside and was loud from outside and the noise kept coming when i went over a bump, or i was steering or loudest during the very end of braking, when the suspension sort of jumps up when braking. the shop did a diagnostic, and the dude came out with a $700 estimate. no way in hell am i paying that much. what i got from the estimate was the ball joint has to be replaced, and some kind of bushing. i cant rememebr what kind of bushing it was but it was expensive. if anyone here knows what im talking about, please help me out. i would really appreciate it. thanx.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:24 AM
JL95AccorD

Hmmm... I don't know what the problem is, but Ido know that any bushing that you are going to replace, you should replace with urethane bushing. Specially when dealing with suspension. It will help out. Just make sure it's well lubed so it won't squeak. Only problem is that the material is not as cheap as regular bushings. That's about all I can say on this thread. I'm changing my ball joint soon too though, because I needed a camber kit, but they were not that expensive. How much of the 700 was just for labor?
Old 02-25-2005, 07:06 AM
JiggaD369

like 250 labor and then he wanted to change tires and do an alingment.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:18 AM
JL95AccorD

Oh, so it was like 700 for new tires, balance, alignment, disposal, balljoint, bushings, and labor? With all that it starts to sound like it's not really sucha bad price. Wait and see what others say that is probably wrong with it. With having to get the balljoints pressed, might as wel let them do the bushings as well I'm guessing. It doesn't seem like something you can do yourself on your driveway. You might be able to shop around and get the parts yourself online cheaper and then have them just do labor though.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:23 PM
LordAccord

it would help to know exactly what parts you need replaced, it would give me a better of whether or not that's too much to pay.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:50 AM
jobrien

What did the $700 cover? Specific parts and service?

If that's for one wheel (where the trouble is from), that seems high.

It could be worn out bushings if your car is old. It could be worn out brake pads or even a blown strut if you're hearing squeals or squeeking when you go over bumps. But none of which should cost that much.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:06 PM
wesside
2005 Evo Rs @24psi

Hmm I did my lower ball joints they were $25 a piece but with labor it was like $300

Shit the egr valve I had to replace was $200
Old 03-06-2005, 07:59 AM
planenut

5th gen accords get that squeeking sound, usually more pronounced in cold weather, when the eyebolt bushing that connects the upper ball joint "A-frame" to the chassis breaks. The part usually runs about $129-$176 for the upper ball joint and eyebolt assembly. I saw this one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

You can try and isolate the noise by loosening the upper ball joint nut, jacking the car, remove the tire and disconnect the upper ball joint. Be careful as it may be spring loaded and jump at you. You may have to put a second jack under the suspension to compress the strut. Once the upper ball joint is disconnected and the suspension is full extended, grab the upper control arm/bal joint and move it up and down, if you hear your noise you have found the culprit.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:58 AM
jaek99

Default squeak

Humm, i'm having an almost identical problem with my 94 accord.

Is repairing it essential? What will happen if I neglect to repair it for a year or so?
Old 03-17-2005, 07:15 PM
planenut

You can get away with not repairing it for a while. I have driven my car with that problem for about 2 years now.