Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best bang-for-the-buck performance upgrades

Old 02-10-2005, 12:03 PM
JL95AccorD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know how much performance you expect to get after a couple hundred bucks, but dont get high expectations, as anyone here will tell you, accords are not exactly speed demons. So if you expect burn outs, and "damn this car is fast" after a few hundred, you will be greatly disapointed.

What budget are you currently working with?
Old 02-10-2005, 12:17 PM
skyshock21

Originally Posted by JL95AccorD
I dont know how much performance you expect to get after a couple hundred bucks, but dont get high expectations, as anyone here will tell you, accords are not exactly speed demons. So if you expect burn outs, and "damn this car is fast" after a few hundred, you will be greatly disapointed.

What budget are you currently working with?
Well, after looking at some dyno charts from AEM "before and after" conversions, it looks like you could pick up MAYBE 10 HP from the CAI at least. Those are typically around $200 right? No biggie. I could live with that.

Now then, about the exhaust system. Teach me here if you don't mind. What is the exhaust system comprised of, and where are the bottlenecks I should be looking for? Cosmetically, I want it to look somewhat sleek. I don't like the look of some of those after-market coffee cans sitting under the rear fender, and I don't want it to sound like some buzzy wasp-in-a-jar ricer either. I kinda dig that low-key turbine jet engine sound that I've heard some honda's put out... or just basically something that wouldn't be all that noticable.

As far as budget goes, I'd probably have a couple hundred every month I could put into it. I'm more concerned with keeping it well-maintained rather than tricking it out as a fair-weather mechanic... but I would like to know if there's some quick and easy improvements on the factory design that can be done myself.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:39 PM
JL95AccorD

Well if you're going to get an aftermarket muffler at a shop, then you would be able to choose a tip for it, depending on how you want it to look. I have a body kit that has an oval shape cut out for the exhaust, so I put an oval tip, and it looks sweet. Since you are not changing the headers, or completely taking out the cat, or upgrading the factory piping, then the sound should not change to ricer. Make sure you take it to a good shop, that does good welding. My exhause guy has a shop that works only on exotic cars, so he did an awesom job with the welding. You wanna make sure you don't end up with any exhaust leaks, and that they set it right, plus a good shop will give you an actual honest opinion on what would really look nice, and what you are aiming for, unlike a cheap shop that might just be after your bucks. Exhaust, you got header, downpipe, cat, flex pipe, more piping, muffler. I think that's the order. I changed my entire exhaust and have no cat anymore, so I don't remember exactly how the stock looked anymore.

You will definately not feel a 10 HP increase with the aic, but its still nice, mine has been in for over a year, so price I can't recall either. Less than 200 though. That's the cost of the V2. and don't go for that one, its not worth the extra money. Go for the original aem aic.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:07 PM
BONE

You never said which model Accord you have that would help as far as Exhaust I have a Magnaflow on my 01 Accord and it has a deep sound to it. My Injen intake is louder than my exhaust once the rpm passes 4000. The Apexi WS exhaust are more on the quiet side but still loud enough to know it has a exhaust, I have that one on my Integra and love the sound.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:59 PM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

1. For a 7th gen. the best bang-for-buck part is the TL-S sway bar. Less than $60, and drives so much better.

2. I'd start with suspension. Sway bar, wheels/tires, springs/shocks. They will make driving more fun (and look )
Old 02-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Accord2005NJ

Originally Posted by mrksts
1. For a 7th gen. the best bang-for-buck part is the TL-S sway bar. Less than $60, and drives so much better.

2. I'd start with suspension. Sway bar, wheels/tires, springs/shocks. They will make driving more fun (and look )

Where do I get the sway bar (7th gen Accord 05 4cyl auto)?

Thx
Old 02-10-2005, 05:00 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

im talking about using the stock tubing and fitting an adapter over it...
Old 02-10-2005, 08:32 PM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

Acura dealer. Check link for more info.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...light=sway+bar
Old 02-10-2005, 08:44 PM
ashzero
turbo mafia

sticky rubbers > all.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:03 PM