Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 accord tranny problem

Old 01-25-2005, 04:49 PM
bobcat7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 accord tranny problem

hey need some help here, ive got a 92 accord and recently the transmission (auto) will not shift into 4th, it will stay in 3rd for a long while. I ran in till it was warm and shifted manually several times and finally was able to get 4th, from there i was able to shift 3 to 4 and back sucessfully several times and the car would shift fine from a start all the way to 4th gear. figured it was fixed. but after it cooled off and restarted, I have the same problem, any clues how to get into self diagnostic for the tranny? and what the codes would mean? I dont think its purely mechanical but most likely a sticking shift solenoid or such just are not sure which one is controlling which shift etc. any help would be great , bob
Old 01-26-2005, 03:33 AM
madhat

well before you run any tests, is your CEL light on or is your S light blinking? Since this is tranny related, look for your blinking S light. Then, jump the connector behind the passenger side kick panel while the key is in the car and turned to the ACC or whatever is it...(the position where all your dash light come on but the car isn't started) and look for your S light or your CEL to blink.

Also, use a search next time. This has been covered a zillion times.

Try www.cb7tuner.com
Old 01-26-2005, 05:46 AM
bobcat7

no cel light or flashing s at all, I have searched keywords all over stuff like "accord transmisssion not shifting" etc and all i can honestly find is a bunch of uninformed idiots asking if a automatic can be shifted manually or is it deadly or not to flush the fluid. believe it or not i have found people asking why the car goes backwards when put in reverse?????????????? I am a 20 year mechanic by trade,and was hoping to find someone else who has some experience with hondas instead of a imaginary racing school made up of hot rod import posters and funny looking yellow plug wires and stainless intakes on otherwise granny cars. but well I am from a different generation. seriously though, if anyone has similar trouble I would appreciate any ideas, and to madhat, thanks for your reply, can you advise further, thanks Bob