Notices

Goddamned The Rain!

Old 12-30-2004, 08:10 PM
bubbrubb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goddamned The Rain!

Yeah, i was driving home in the rain, and i was goin about 45-50 and outta no where this big ass body of huge ass water appears. Of course i didnt see it and hit the damn thing going full speed. The shit shoots up about 2 stories and my car dies. So im trying my damnedest to stay on the road and im not sure if i hit the sidewalk, but my car darts off into the second lane. So i pop the clutch into 3rd and continue driving--but the shit literally scared the shit outta me, and im gonna go change my under roo's right now.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:56 PM
motoguy128

Couple things...

Deep water is like driving on slippery ice. Your car probably died because your tires were hydro planing as you hit the brakes or from engine braking if you lifted the throttle... so you stalled the engine when the wheels stopped. The car will pretty much steer any direction it wants to in that situation depending on which wheel has the most traction.

If you can, it's best ot push in the clutch as you go through the water and rev the engine to keep it from drowning, then down shift and drive out keeping the revs up if needed. With higher revs, the engine is less likely to stall if the tailpipe is submerged.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:06 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

what i do is just let go of the throttle, the front tires will get grip.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:21 AM
BONE

Originally Posted by motoguy128
Couple things...

Deep water is like driving on slippery ice. Your car probably died because your tires were hydro planing as you hit the brakes or from engine braking if you lifted the throttle... so you stalled the engine when the wheels stopped. The car will pretty much steer any direction it wants to in that situation depending on which wheel has the most traction.

If you can, it's best ot push in the clutch as you go through the water and rev the engine to keep it from drowning, then down shift and drive out keeping the revs up if needed. With higher revs, the engine is less likely to stall if the tailpipe is submerged.
I dont think you want to rev the engine as you go through water especially if you have a CAI. If I see deep water and cant drive through I'll turn around Im not taking any chances.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:54 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friends civic die like that . 2 accord drove righ behind the civic but only the civic suck up all the water and the engine complete drown on the spot but now the civic has a better engine and more hp on it. all cars have the short ram intake but i guess the civic step on the gas to much or something.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:48 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

happen to my dad's rabbit, hit a puddle of water and the alternator belt snapped @ only 20mph...
Old 12-31-2004, 02:44 PM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

I went through a large as puddle of water, there was no way around it so I speed up and then drop it in neutral and coasted through the puddle, came out and dropped it in 2nd went about my business.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:37 PM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

b
Old 12-31-2004, 03:38 PM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

Originally Posted by BONE
I dont think you want to rev the engine as you go through water especially if you have a CAI. If I see deep water and cant drive through I'll turn around Im not taking any chances.
SO TRUE. i just did an engine swap (h23a for h23a) on my boys prelude. He drove through 2 feet of water with a CAI. NO LIE it broke the #1 rod in half. Half of the rod went through the front of the block, the other half of the rod went through the back of the block. Im talking silver dollar sized holes or bigger. I too have a CAI on my accord but if its at all possible i dont drive it in the rain at all or even just after it rains.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:41 AM
uclaccord

2 feet of water? that's a friggin huge puddle! and i find it extremely hard to believe its possible to hydrolock a civic w/ short ram. gl bubb and def dont rev through huge puddles.