Notices

Accord V6 EX, Acura TSX or Acura TL?

Old 12-21-2004, 10:17 PM
DHAnderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord V6 EX, Acura TSX or Acura TL?

I'm ready to replace a 1995 Civic with 205K miles on it.

I thought I was going to get a 2005 Accord EX V6 Leather with Nav system until a friend suggested I look at Acura.

I've checked out Acura's website and visited a dealer. What I'm missing is some personal experience with any of the above models.

I'd appreciate it if people would let me know their experiences, good or bad.

Thanks...
Old 12-21-2004, 10:21 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're buying a $30,000 car. Personally, I'd test drive them myself instead of basing my decisions off of what people I don't even know think of the cars. Go online and read some reviews of the cars on edmunds and car and driver.

If you're looking for ownership experiences, all three models are extremely reliable. You buy one of those cars, you're going to love it. However, which car you buy is purely based on personal taste and what you can afford.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:24 PM
Project_ITR

i'd say get the accord V6 6-speed...but of the 4 door models, i'd go with an acura TSX 6 speed...the accord has more power...runs on regular pump gas, but it's ugly...the TSX is prettier, it's perferated leather interior is alot more comfortable and attractive, you can get it with a 6speed and it has a better warranty...the only way to be sure is to drive them all...but definately take a look at acura before u make your decision.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:50 AM
BONE

You can't go wrong with any of the above cars, good luck with your decision.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:08 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by Project_ITR
i'd say get the accord V6 6-speed...but of the 4 door models, i'd go with an acura TSX 6 speed...the accord has more power...runs on regular pump gas, but it's ugly...the TSX is prettier, it's perferated leather interior is alot more comfortable and attractive, you can get it with a 6speed and it has a better warranty...the only way to be sure is to drive them all...but definately take a look at acura before u make your decision.
The perforated leather really doesn't really make a bit of difference, fyi. I can't even tell a difference between the quality. And the Accord is probably more comfortable. They drive totally different...the Accord like a heavy family sedan with a good suspension, and the TSX like a finely tuned sport sedan.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:06 AM
autophiles
V6 Coupe Pusher

Originally Posted by DHAnderson
I'm ready to replace a 1995 Civic with 205K miles on it.

I thought I was going to get a 2005 Accord EX V6 Leather with Nav system until a friend suggested I look at Acura.

I've checked out Acura's website and visited a dealer. What I'm missing is some personal experience with any of the above models.

I'd appreciate it if people would let me know their experiences, good or bad.

Thanks...
I just bought a '04 Accord Coupe EX V6 w/ navi and I love it. It has good pick up and a really comfortable interior. The only thing it is lacking is some tighter suspension. I am getting some Tein coilovers to take care of that, but so far, that is my only complaint. Good luck with your decision.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:37 AM
Esco5710

I drove the TL and Accord coupe and I personally like the TL better.. Of course the TL is a lot more money fully equiped with Navi- about $36K... The accord with Navi is I think around $32K... The suspension and pick up on the TL was better.. Mind you, I had driven the BMW 330I which is nice too but not really worth the excess money.. I'm going to get a TL probably in the middle of 05 myself.. Just waiting for a couple of things to fall into place before I get into monthly payments again.. Its really your own preference.. I never had a 2 door car and wouldn't be able to deal with getting out to let people in and out and the less space.. The TL gives you a decent amount of leg room and accessories and ish.. Good Luck.. Its definitely a tough decision...
Old 12-22-2004, 06:54 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by Esco5710
I drove the TL and Accord coupe and I personally like the TL better.. Of course the TL is a lot more money fully equiped with Navi- about $36K... The accord with Navi is I think around $32K... The suspension and pick up on the TL was better.. Mind you, I had driven the BMW 330I which is nice too but not really worth the excess money.. I'm going to get a TL probably in the middle of 05 myself.. Just waiting for a couple of things to fall into place before I get into monthly payments again.. Its really your own preference.. I never had a 2 door car and wouldn't be able to deal with getting out to let people in and out and the less space.. The TL gives you a decent amount of leg room and accessories and ish.. Good Luck.. Its definitely a tough decision...
lol of course the TL is better. I should hope it would be. It's pretty much an Accord, but made better in every respect. The only Accord with navi for $32k is the Hybrid. A regular gasoline accord will run $28k (sticker) with navi, but they're much easier to bargain on than the TLs. It's amazing how well structured the Honda/Acura lineup is...each successively priced car is nicer than the last one and it makes you want to spend more. The TSX is kind of an exception to that because of its sport sedan nature and 4 cylinder engine, but Civic-RSX-Accord-TL-RL follow that perfectly.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:22 AM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

Mechanically, and reliability wise, all the cars are practically identical. The Acura's do have a better warranty, and roadside assistance if that is important to you, and generally, you'll have a more pleasant experience at an Acura dealer than the Honda one.

The cars themselves as I said are mechanically very similar, but differ a bit in interior layout, features, options, and how they drive. I also suggest driving all 3 before making your decision.

The TL-S / The 540i
Old 12-22-2004, 07:55 AM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

they all rock.

I have an Accord Coupe, we just got a dealer demo TSX (which I guess makes it Cert. USED.) the TSX had 6000mi on it for the wife. Our car is 6mo. old, is that old...I don't think so--it's an 04.

Personally what ever you get, get a Cert. USED verision--I mean really--you have a 205k Civic, isn't it worth a few K on the clock to have a 7yr 100k warranty? Plus it saves you several thousand off sticker.

My Accord was brand new, the TSX was cert. used....I can tell you the day I left both dealers both cars felt new as he11 to me. I can't see ever buying "brand" new again. Honda-Acura cert. used. warranties can make a used car a better deal then a new car. Not that Honda's need fixing much, but owning an auto I can tell you it makes me feel better.

And personal preference I love the TSX way better then the Accord, I had to dump tons of mods into my Accord to get TSX handling. As for Acura vs. Honda I'll always pick the Acura just for the warranty plan. Else the "A" don't mean jack to me.

Our dealer even had a new? TL demo with Navi for $29k and 4000mi on the clock, sure seemed like a deal to me. [W/ the Cert. warranty.]