TaekOne
pronounced tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats what i like to hear... >:]
Old 12-17-2004, 09:44 PM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

H&R sports with KYB AGX shocks. Perfect setup.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:52 AM
bonestock

Originally Posted by bubbrubb
God, im getting tired of people perpetuating this stupid ass "if you get lowered springs on stock shocks they will break " myth. Anyone that gives you a time period on how long stock shock's will last with lowered springs (especially eibach springs) is bullshitting. Dont believe them, they dont know what they are talking about. Unless they have actually had a shock blowout, dont give what they say a second thought...now with that said, i have eibachs sport springs on my car (lowest springs eibach makes for accords) on stock shocks with 113k miles (about 90k miles with the eibach springs) and my shocks are perfectly fine, as if my stock springs were still on them.
must ride like shit. ive drivin in plenty of car lowered on stock struts and the they all have been pretty harsh but its all in the eye of the beholder. might be comfortable for you but not for me.

its common sense. sure theres no set time, it varies on what condition they are put through (my mom's bone stock camry had a front strut blow and it wasnt lowered or anything but thats beside the point), but no matter what they wont ride/handle very well. with lowering springs the amount that the spring is compressed is more than stock springs, obviously. stock struts are good for stock springs. stock struts + lowering (compressed/shorter) springs will cause quicker wear due to it having to travel/rebound beyond its normal capacity which will lead to the oil seals popping and then you have blown strut(s). the handling will not be as great as if they were on nice set of aftermarket struts. whats the point of lowering your car? to look nice and to handle better... stock struts wont have as effecient dampening/rebounding. try auto crossing or canyon running on some lowering springs and stock struts. you'll be bouncing all over the place. dont cheap out on suspention. function > form
Old 12-18-2004, 06:24 AM
flyromeo3

God, im getting tired of people perpetuating this stupid ass "if you get lowered springs on stock shocks they will break " myth. Anyone that gives you a time period on how long stock shock's will last with lowered springs (especially eibach springs) is bullshitting. Dont believe them, they dont know what they are talking about. Unless they have actually had a shock blowout, dont give what they say a second thought...now with that said, i have eibachs sport springs on my car (lowest springs eibach makes for accords) on stock shocks with 113k miles (about 90k miles with the eibach springs) and my shocks are perfectly fine, as if my stock springs were still on them.

we speak from experience or from what we have seen someone else experience.
Im sure if your roads out there are flat like wall than maybe you could get away with it. Since the shocks cant keept up with the spring rate.
If I were to do that im sure they will last me like a yr.
Roads up here suck!!!!!
Old 12-18-2004, 02:41 PM
bonestock

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
we speak from experience or from what we have seen someone else experience.
Im sure if your roads out there are flat like wall than maybe you could get away with it. Since the shocks cant keept up with the spring rate.
If I were to do that im sure they will last me like a yr.
Roads up here suck!!!!!
i hear ya ****in too much road construction around here now a days, those huge mounds with metal plates on top all over the road are killer.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:20 PM
iobidder
Registered Abuser

These surely MUST suck!
Old 12-18-2004, 10:08 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Originally Posted by bonestock
i hear ya ****in too much road construction around here now a days, those huge mounds with metal plates on top all over the road are killer.

!!!!!!!!!!!! YES. I AGREE.

Arkansas has perpetual construction. If it's not around the college zones it's around the interstates, and if it's not there (which it always is, i430 and i630 are always being worked on) it's somewhere else.

But those metal plates with the anchor looking things holding them in the ground, oh shit you better swerve :uhhok: :ugh: :ugh: :nervous: :nervous:
Old 12-18-2004, 10:54 PM
azian21485

blowing out the stock shocks isn't the concern, it's the fact that the stock shocks aren't valved agressively to dampen the higher spring rates properly which causes a bouncy ride instead of a firm one