Notices

Help: Check Engine Light Code 14 & 43

Old 12-14-2004, 08:26 PM
CJITTY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Check Engine Light Code 14 & 43

Folks,

I did some searching here on H/A net and found some info on these two CEL codes 14 and 43 but looking for some more insight from my fellow Accord troops.

When I jumpered the diagnostic to see the codes, it flashed these two codes. Some questions for you all to help me isolate the exact cause.

1. I did a power steering flush the day before the light came on. I can't see under my car until later this week when I have access to a lift, but could some of the spilled fluid hit my O2 sensor somehow or another sensor? I know the O2 sensor has it's own CEL code, but wondering if this is the cause or just coincidence.

2. I know the codes are 14 - IAC Valve and 43 - Fuel System. Could just one be causing the problem and giving two error codes?

3. The light only comes on after about 20 min of driving. Then upon restart, goes off and then comes on 20 min later again.

4. I saw the DIY on the IAC valve cleaning, but my 4th Gen IAC valve doesn't seem to look like the DIY and I can't tell what Gen that Accord is in the pics. Does anyone have specific pics and DIY on how to clean the valve for my 92 Accord?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to isolate the problem and hopefully fix it right away. I know my gas mileage is still pretty good, about 420 per tank avg 75-80 mph and I have 160K miles on the car. I do nothing but highway commuting. I also put some fuel system cleaner in the car hoping it may clear up things. I plan on resetting the ECU tomorrow morning and see if it comes back on.

In addition, this summer my car was doing the ol' RPM drop and pop but would never stall. I took of the intake hose from the throttle body and used throttle body cleaner to clean it up along with adjusting the idle back to where it was supposed to be. Worked fine until about a week ago. Now sometimes, when I accelerate from a stoplight, the car seems to have no power, kind of studders, and then I put it in neutral and rev it up and the RPMS jump back up and the car has normal power. My K&N filter is clean by the way. It doesn't do this all the time, just once or twice a week.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Jitty
Old 12-17-2004, 10:33 AM
CJITTY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate to bump, but I need some guidance from anyone please..