Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would this be wise?

Old 12-04-2004, 08:34 PM
hondadriver22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would this be wise?

To go with a Nitrous setup on a car with +99,000 mi? i almost have enough for this and i was wondering.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:49 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Originally Posted by hondadriver22
To go with a Nitrous setup on a car with +99,000 mi? i almost have enough for this and i was wondering.
With a compression and leakdown check on the motor? And all passed? Sure. Bolt that sucker up.

On your car though? What do you have? F22X? 145hp max? It's not worth it. Take that $500 and get an IRA fund or something.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:50 PM
StErN
HAN Approved Vendor

Well it all depends on the condition of your motor. Is it well taken care of? Do you beat it up often? I shot a 55 shot on my single cam for about three months and it had 190,000 on it. It later blew up, but I think it was its time. It also depends on if nos is something you like..I personally like all motor. But you should be fine with that mileage.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:06 PM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

Originally Posted by kenton
With a compression and leakdown check on the motor? And all passed? Sure. Bolt that sucker up.

On your car though? What do you have? F22X? 145hp max? It's not worth it. Take that $500 and get an IRA fund or something.
Damn that. I have a 90 accord lx 4dr w/157000miles that i put nitrous on before my engine swap. It was a 75 shot zex dry kit(dont get a dry kit). I got 2 stories about it one is a kill and another is a got killed.

1. the night i had it put on i raced my boys stock(excpet for ehaust)wrx(not sti) when we took off he pulled me by about a car and a half out of first gear.(partly because he has AWD and partly because i was spinning my tires the whole time) i hit second and pulled right up to his door, hit third and went right past him.

2. the next night i pulled up to a Trans AM ws6 and was feeling a lil luck from the night before. So i reved up and he looked over like please dont make me waste my gas. So i started sellin out talkin about how he was scared to get waxed by a 4dr 4cyl. so he finnaly staged up. When the light turned green i got on it and (he let me go first)so did he. i pulled him by two cars in first he was to my back door by the end of second and by the time i swiched into 4th he was right at a bout a two or three cars but he just was pullin on me.

I did end up blowing my engine on it. 2 reasons. 1 i had a dry kit which not only is less powerful than a wet kit but also leans your cylinders out really bad. 2 when i would shift into 4th gear somthing about the revs werent climibing fast enough for all the nitrous to get out so it would load the cylinders ended up with a blown piston ring and exhuast valve on the number 3 cylinder. I do believe that if i had kept it out of 4th that i would probabley still be using it today and still not have my engine swap.

MY ADVICE TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. Save your money and get an h22a. i find full swaps all day long for 1500. 1 you never have to refil your bottle and 2 your car will be faster than it would be with a 75 shot. But if you are bent on nitrous (and the 30+ dollars it cost to refill the bottle every damn time you want to go fast) Get a direct port wet kit. Best bet for your money also the safest(if you can call any kind of nitrous safe)
Old 12-04-2004, 11:16 PM
bubbrubb

h22a for 1500? where the hell you get those for so cheap from? pm me, im thinking about a swap very soon, and if those are legal for me (cali, CARB laws) i sure as hell want to get one from yuhz
Old 12-04-2004, 11:36 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by bubbrubb
h22a for 1500? where the hell you get those for so cheap from? pm me, im thinking about a swap very soon, and if those are legal for me (cali, CARB laws) i sure as hell want to get one from yuhz
you can pass smog but with a $200 under the table
Old 12-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by wedley2
you can pass smog but with a $200 under the table
sometimes its the only way :rick:
Old 12-05-2004, 01:12 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

How often do you guys with modded cars in states that have emission/car inspections have to take it in the ass?

They used to have yearly inspections in Arkansas but we got rid of them long before I got my drivers license.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:54 PM
92lx

running nitrous on any motor, so long as its running fairly descent is going to be about equally risky. Truthfully, just make sure you have enough fuel, don't get too adventurous with boost amounts, and you'll be a-okay.

- Nathan
Old 12-05-2004, 05:55 PM
2kAccord

C'mon thats motor is only at half its lifespan, shes got plenty left in her. And also the reliablity of nitrous, and any other FI mod is all in the tuning. If your kit is set up properly,and your not running too much juice all the time, you will be fine.