Sponsored by:

Tire blowout at 100MPH! KABOOM$#%#% omg wtf

Old 12-04-2004, 08:25 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire blowout at 100MPH! KABOOM$#%#% omg wtf

I'm just going to cut and paste this from my livejournal

Ugh.. I was on i-530 today doing about 100MPH and my tire blows out, I was in the #1 lane and there were three cars directly behind me in the #2 lane, I wasn't going to hit the median at 80MPH so I had to strafe my car left and right then they finally got ahead of me. The tread seperated from the sidewall of the damn tire, like woah. Amazingly enough -- the rim is fine. The opposite side of the rim that you can't see has like 2 small bends in it that Clayton believes can be bent back, they don't look too serious.

Old 12-04-2004, 09:37 PM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

what kind of tires are those?
Old 12-04-2004, 10:07 PM
SonY:)AccOrd
GOSU

haha damn man thats crazy so im guessing your car is ok?
Old 12-04-2004, 10:32 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

didnt know 100mph were crusing speeds in USA, lol.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:49 PM
kenton

As far as the "100MPH isn't crusing speeds." I live in ARKANSAS. We don't have emission laws, car inspections, etc. The interstate's speed limit is 70, so I was "hauling ass", but a V1 helps out for that stuff.

Kumho 711. 215/45/17. They ****ing suck. I've had a blowout now with one, and a flat tire from another. But for $60 wtf can you expect.

The car is fine, except my friend improperly jacked up my car, he used one of those super jacks and jacked it up in the front in the same place he jacks his EK9 and he pushed some support beam up which holds the hood hinge and the hood wasn't sitting flush any longer with the fenders or grill and then his dad came out there and took off my radiator and hit the beam with a chizel and a hammer and got the hood flush again with the fenders but now the little lips that come off the hood where they meet the grill don't quite touch the grill.

THEN... HIS DAD HIT MY HOOD WITH HIS AIR RATCHET CAUSING A SMALL DING AND REMOVAL OF A TINY AMOUNT OF PAINT.

It's been a ****ing horrible day.

Where's the "toking marijuana icon?" I guess this'll have to do: :sleep:

I do believe in January or so I'm going to start to try to sell this beast. I need to get out of a sinking ship while I can. I just feel so stupid for doing idotic shit to my car. i.e. underbody lights, everything under the hood (the GReddy exhaust we can keep though, it's nice), uhh.. the TYC heads and tails. I hate the fact I put a damn TV in my car because we had to slightly modify the dual DIN hole and basically I have to leave the TV in the car to sell it. I don't care about the TV, it was only $400 shipped + installed (7" 16:9 wide w/ TV tuner) but damnit.

I'm going to get an 94-01 Integra LS/GS/GS-R 5 speed. I'm tired of having an automatic, and I want a 30MPG+ car.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:52 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by kenton
As far as the "100MPH isn't crusing speeds." I live in ARKANSAS. We don't have emission laws, car inspections, etc. The interstate's speed limit is 70, so I was "hauling ass", but a V1 helps out for that stuff.

Kumho 711. 215/45/17. They ****ing suck. I've had a blowout now with one, and a flat tire from another. But for $60 wtf can you expect.

The car is fine, except my friend improperly jacked up my car, he used one of those super jacks and jacked it up in the front in the same place he jacks his EK9 and he pushed some support beam up which holds the hood hinge and the hood wasn't sitting flush any longer with the fenders or grill and then his dad came out there and took off my radiator and hit the beam with a chizel and a hammer and got the hood flush again with the fenders but now the little lips that come off the hood where they meet the grill don't quite touch the grill.

THEN... HIS DAD HIT MY HOOD WITH HIS AIR RATCHET CAUSING A SMALL DING AND REMOVAL OF A TINY AMOUNT OF PAINT.

It's been a ****ing horrible day.

Where's the "toking marijuana icon?" I guess this'll have to do: :sleep:
damn man, what a day.

reminds me of when my dad was using a 4-in-1 screwdriver and he wanted to change the tip, so he was pulling on the interchangable piece but it was kinda stuck. he finally yanks on it and the outer tip hits my fender and took a good chunk of paint out.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:53 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

:nono: Doing 100 MPH is retarded. But least your safe. Now go :bandito:
Old 12-04-2004, 11:56 PM
kenton

Originally Posted by Jae Jae Binks
:nono: Doing 100 MPH is retarded. But least your safe. Now go :bandito:
I don't know about you, and I've never driven any "super cars" yet. (i.e. 300whp+) but I feel totally SAFE in my Accord at 120MPH. I mean rock stable. I stay in the #1 lane, I don't weave in and out of traffic, I'm not a street racer on the interstate. The #1 lane was made for people like me.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:57 PM
kenton

BTW: These tires are Z Rated, 149MPH I believe. I always keep them properly inflated to 44psi.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:11 AM
aero3685

Yeah, our cars are very stable when driving at high speeds. I had 2 different people that were amazed how stable the car was @ 110. Of course they drive fords, but still.