Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Lighting Effects

Old 11-28-2004, 09:38 PM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Lighting Effects

i was driving at night a few days ago and my cell phone went off. after seeing it was my mom and not wanting to pick up, i tried to put my phone back on my door handle pocket thing. well, i dropped the phone under my feet and was like 'man that sucks', but i noticed that the light given off by my cell made things look really cool under my feet. ive always wanted to have some sort of lighting on the inside and so i was wondering if any of you people knew of ways to do this. i looked on ebay and all their stuff looked cheap as hell. i figure LED lights (preferably blue/light blue) would be cool if they were under my seat or underneath my dash. anyone know of any good kits or companies that might make something that would help me out? or even ideas or suggestions. thanks~
Old 11-28-2004, 09:38 PM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

oh, and in case this helps, i drive an 04 accord coupe
Old 11-28-2004, 09:45 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

You won't find an actual "Honda Accord Coupe 03-Now" LED light kit. They're all universal and you'd probably want to wire them to a switch or to your headlights so this stuff is all universal and "install yourself."

Liteglow makes good LED bulbs. I've got a Liteglow LED kit under my car and LED neon bulbs (these are undercar bulbs, but I took a 48" and put it in my back dash) from them for over a year and they work great.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:50 PM
mayonaise

super-bright LEDs are bright enough to light up a car's cabin at night. you'd only need one or two for each footwell. it's really easy to wire them up, you just have to make sure there is a resistor between the LED and the power, or they'll burn out instantly. as for colors, you'll most likely be limited to blue or aqua.

edit: and you'll have to figure out a way to mount them. that'll be the hardest part, in my opinion

i bought a set of cold cathodes for my car. they give off a ton of light, but they're a bitch to mount and the "red" color i got is actually more like pink. i only thought about using LEDs after i bought the cold cathodes.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:15 AM
Intrepid241

Interior lighting doesn't look to good IMO...but yeah you can get generic LED/neon kits that are fairly easy to wire up. Good luck with that.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:29 AM
hype8912
Dr. Klaw

Go with a 12 inch cold cathode tube. Just like neon, but less breakable. They are used in computer modding. You can pick up a dual 12 inch kit for around 10 bucks.

I like to put one under the dash and one under the seat, then wire them to come one with the interior lights.

http://www.xoxide.com/coldcathodes.html
http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/lit-32.html
Old 11-29-2004, 11:17 AM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Excellent idea on using cold cathode tubes. The wiring is VERY straightfoward. i.e. GROUND AND POWER. How easy can it get.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:00 PM
2kAccord

They dont make em anymore, but i have these http://www.xtrasrally.com/zaplights.htm
Old 11-29-2004, 03:40 PM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

uh, those zaplight things look like they'll cost me a lot more than im willing to spend. about these cathode tubes, any other places i can look? if not will i have to stick w/ LEDs?
Old 11-29-2004, 08:50 PM
hype8912
Dr. Klaw

You can get cold cathodes all over the internet. Just do a search. Locally, I'm not sure, depends on where you live. You'll get the best price on the internet though.