Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the F***?

Old 11-21-2004, 01:46 PM
98exv6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the F***?

aight guys, whats going on here.
I got my 1998 Honda Accord EX-V6 on August 15th for my 17th birthday, and it wasn't 1wk, i kept hearing this whining noise from the passenger side windshield/dashboard. ok then a week later, my alternator went out. So i got that fixed. Then it does this thing that after i start it up(warm or not) the RPM's get real low and the car shakes for just a few seconds and then they come back up and its fine.(?) Now i just went to go to the store and i push unlock and my car lights blink like its unlocking, but it doesn't unlock, and when you press lock, all doors lock but the driver door. Oh and my back passenger window is slow. oh and the 3rd brake light on the back dash board went out. What next? Can any one give me some explanation? Please and thankyou.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:57 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Whoever owned it before probably could have done better maintenance I guess.
Bulbs burn out, so I keep an exta or two in the glove box in case I can't get a replacement or something. It's pretty easy to change out that third brake light bulb.
I don't know whats with the locks, but it may be something to do with the anit-theft system.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:58 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might be a bad ground
Old 11-21-2004, 04:58 PM
bubbrubb

hey, that whining sound thing--same shit happened to me after i changed my alternator belt! Do you think i should just buy a new alternator? i thought it was because my new belt was loose or something. Oh, and btw, how much does a new alternator cost?
Old 11-21-2004, 05:58 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by DRfrank
might be a bad ground
thats what im thinking...

i couldnt even start my car becuz of th positioning of the positive battery cable, it was hella wierd.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:07 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Check your spark plugs for the shaking thing.

How many miles do you have?
Old 11-21-2004, 06:33 PM
TenaciousTires
Registered Luser

i kept hearing this whining noise from the passenger side windshield/dashboard>>>

Hmm. Only whining noise I've ever from inside a car were from the speakers. My 96 Accord used to emit a whining noise through the speakers that would be in sequence with the engine rpms until I bought a new stereo and 4 new speakers. Has something to do with a bad ground.

ok then a week later, my alternator went out>>>

Delphi alternators are garbage. Some people strike luck with them, but they are the exception. Delphi is also a large supplier for General Motors. In any case, Denso is far superior in quality and longevity, but apparently Denso doesn't carry alternators suitable for aything larger than a 4-cylinder.

Then it does this thing that after i start it up(warm or not) the RPM's get real low and the car shakes for just a few seconds and then they come back up and its fine.(?)>>>

Hmm. When was the last time you've had a tune-up? How many miles on the car? Might also be the the IAC (Idle control valve) ??...

Now i just went to go to the store and i push unlock and my car lights blink like its unlocking, but it doesn't unlock, and when you press lock, all doors lock but the driver door>>>

My power door locks have never worked properly on my 96 since I bought it, the back doors are completely inoperable. One of these days I'll get around to fixing them.

Oh and my back passenger window is slow>>>

Pretty common. My driver's window was slow and would even get stuck. It would eventually work, but it took forever. It went like that for two years until finally the regulator cable snapped. I salvaged a whole new regulator asembly from a 99, and so far it's been working..but it's still slow. I give it another 2 years...

oh and the 3rd brake light on the back dash board went out>>

Mine doesn't work either, and it isn't the bulbs. It worked for about an hour a couple mos. ago, then went out again. All initial connections seem fine, as do the fuses.

What next? Can any one give me some explanation? Please and thankyou.
98>>>

Well, it's a 6 year old car going on 7...sh!t is going to go out and break eventually. Join the club...
Old 11-21-2004, 06:36 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by TenaciousTires
i kept hearing this whining noise from the passenger side windshield/dashboard>>>

Hmm. Only whining noise I've ever from inside a car were from the speakers. My 96 Accord used to emit a whining noise through the speakers that would be in sequence with the engine rpms until I bought a new stereo and 4 new speakers. Has something to do with a bad ground.
He already covered this...the whining is from the alternator. An electrode breaks inside the alternator and feeds current back into the solenoids...somehow creating a whining noise. They usually go at 100-120k miles. mine went at 150.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:36 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

My door motor has broken (I have the same problems, driver door won't automatically unlock/lock with keypad)

My trip light burt out.

My paint has ****ing swirls in it.

I have no turbo.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:42 AM
strykernyc

wow someone most have done some type of witchcraft n ur car or maybe the owner before u was a witch heh.

my accord is 96 4 door 4cyl auto that makes it 8yrs old going to 9yrs. for HONDA age is nothing but a number if the owner feed the car well.
get a complete tune up asap and depends n how many miles it has it might need a major tune up. my car use to shake a bit then once it was time for the major tune up/ change all belts water pump seals etc... now it doesnt shake at all if it wasnt for my intake i would not even know my car is on when is on. windows going slow is not just the motor is the window track they go for $60 n theaccordstore . the cable n the motor just brakes and the window dont move at all so i dont think a motor has to do with a window moving slow especially when going up i believe is the window track/rubber. weird i never have had any interior or tail bulb burn out other than the shift bulb that tells u if u are in gear park rev d4 etc... and it was a btch to change it btw cost $2. how many miles the car has and how many owner? u should do a carfax on it even though sometime u hide those bad things very easy from the public.